RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i have a strange problem with my L322 MY 2010.

I disconnected the battery for several days, after reconnecting the cluster won´t wake up. You can see it trys the cluster will went from black to dark gray and back to black.
The car won´t open with the remote key only the physical.
You can regulate the fan of the heating system and the windows will go up and down, the seats can be adjusted as well.
everything else is dead, no interior lights and so on.

It is a new battery installed too.
After connecting and disconnecting the battery 100 times the car will wake up.

Which module is responsible for waking up the car or had anyone the same problem?

Regards
Donnerbalken

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
Sounds like your in Transport mode. no wipers, no interior lights, maybe only the rear doors unlock, etc. The BCM (BCU) is the module responsible for waking the car up when the keyfob is used, or a door is opened, its under the right hand seat (in NA) on a LHD vehicle. Watchout when connecting and disconnecting the battery you will F up your nav system if you don't wait 2 minutes or more from the last time the key was in the ignition switch until you disconnect the battery leads. The Nav system needs time to shutdown after the key is removed or it will fail on you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mark,

i removed the right seat of the car. there is no module beneath it or is it under the carpet?
I had the battery connected 4 days now and now it is the same, no lights no cluster and so on. the car was working before.

Regards

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
Where are you? In the UK it would be under the LH seat, north america it should be under the RH seat. It sits in a little pocket under a black plastic cover right about where the back of the seat is if you push the seat all the way forward as far as it will go, its black, about 4" deep by 8" long by 2" high, and has 3 electrical connectors on it. At least on the earlier L322's (like mine) thats where it is. This is from an 03 RR; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cwgp-E3W-M

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
The 2010 model does not have a BCU as in the older models. It now has the Central Junction box incorporating the passenger fuse box which is situated behind the glove box.

It is possible for it to be in transport mode as Mark said and if that is the case, it will need a diagnostic computer to reset it to normal mode again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is a US import and I am sitting in Germany.

I did plug the computer in and reset the transport mode. But after 4 days sitting with the connected battery it’s back in transport mode or something else.

But the junction box is not responsible for waking up the car or is it?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
please read post 5 again

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
any updates to this issue?
Any idea what caused it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes you need to buy a new BCM Modul, I found no way to reprogram the eeprom of the unit

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts