Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE Lux
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2010 L322 with the NA 5.0. The car had an engine light and "restricted performance" displayed in the instrument cluster, however I bought the car anyway because the rest of it was immaculate and it was only 8k. The seller said he had a LR tech diagnose it, and he said the high pressure fuel pumps needed replacing. I ordered 2 new Bosch pumps and installed them today. All the codes except for 2 went away, "low fuel pressure on the high pressure side" and "high fuel pressure on the low pressure side". Car is still in limp mode however, for about the first 10 seconds the car is running, it has full power. I don't think it is a mechanical fault, because the car works ok for the first 10 seconds, then becomes a complete slug. Could both the high pressure and low pressure fuel sensors be bad? The car doesn't misfire or anything, its normal aside from an extreme lack of power. Codes are P008B and P0087. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE Lux
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just read the freeze frame for the P0087 code, it's thinking the fuel pressure in the fuel rail is 81,370.23 psi! The car is not even capable of producing fuel pressure anywhere near that. So I'm assuming it's a bad sensor. Advice would be helpful, and ill keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE Lux
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cutest update: I decided to replace the low pressure fuel sensor and that eliminated the P008B code. Now the only code is low pressure at the fuel rail, so I have a high pressure fuel sensor on order, fingers crossed that should have it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts