RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2010 Sport this afternoon. Was a special cable to hook up an IPOD to the interface supposed to have been included with the car? I dont think I've even seen one with the type of plug that is in the center console. If not, can someone tell me what type of cable I need to get to intergrate and make it work? Also, the manual mentions something about putting rubber covers over the interface jacks when not in use- I didnt get any rubber covers. ????

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i thought it was supposed to be in the center console in between the 2 front seats? at least, that's where i've seen it on the one's i've looked at and test drove. let me know if i need to remind my dealer to make sure mine's in there when my truck arrives...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the dealer this morning and sure enough he just forgot to give it to me. Oh well, they are going to FedEx it to me and I'll have it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have to use the Ipod interface which was an option on my 09. The Aux jack doesn't work you can hear it but there is no volume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got mine today and it had the main cable that connects to my iPhone, but the dealer said I needed another cable to charge the phone. Have you found that part? I went to the Apple store and they didn't know what I needed.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same issue they forgot to give me the cable when I picked up the truck, had to go back and get it. Now we need to figure out a way to charge the ipod while it's plugged into the cable

·
Registered
3 Posts
sjg123 said:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A
Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G
got mine yesterday - works like a charm - makes it a little more difficult for the phone to fit snuggly in the space provided, but it works....
Classic... the "Genius" at the Apple Store had no clue... did you order this online or did they have at the Apple Store?

·
Registered
83 Posts
i believe it has to do with the generation of the iphone/ipod - apple abandoned Firewire as a method of charging iPods and iPhones starting with the iPhone 3G and later ipod models, and as a result the "older" devices that used the Firewire method of charging will no longer get power through a firewire based connection. they will play, just not charge. hence the adaptor i recommended above. basically, apple changed their hardware, and a device like the Passport adapter essentially routes FireWire-circuitry power to the USB-power pins of your iPod or iPhone’s dock-connector port. hope that helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll have to double check tomorrow, but I swear today my iPhone 3G gave the standard message that charging wasn't supported, but the batt indicator upper right had the plug within the battery icon showing. I can't say for sure, but I think it took a charge from the cord.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts