RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the 2010. Has the stereo upgrade.

When I turn the volume up to around 75% of its max, the sound begins to break up. Having installed stereo's in the past and competing on a national level, issues like this would arise due to a voltage drop to the amp(s). From past experience, this seems to be the same exact issue. My service manager has not heard of any complaints regarding this. Keep in mind though, not everyone pushes their systems to the max like I do which is why they may not be experiencing the problem. I like my music sharp, crisp and hard. While this system lacks in low end, mid's and high's are very decent and don't distort when pushed hard.

Anyone else out there with this problem? If you have the 2010 with the upgraded system, push your bass and sub all the way up and hit the volume hard to see if the system begins to break up. btw... the speakers aren't "cracking" it's a noticable loss of power to the system. This occurs on both CD and iPhone/iPod. Not going to try and turn the radio up that high.

Thanks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Haven't had this particular problem on my 2010 but it doesn't have premium sound.

I have noticed that using an ipod as a source you have to set the ipod EQ to "Bass Reduction" or the bass is so muddy and thick that it shakes all the interior trim at higher volumes. It took me almost 6 months to find this solution so I'm finally enjoying the sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info but that's not the issue. Once cranked up with a lot of base, Amp is not getting enough juice to keep its capacitors charged so it cuts off. The old Rockford amps used to do that way back when. It's very noticable at night when lights are on, crank on the AC and it's extremley noticeable.

Not sure how to convince RR of this though as it is what it is. Alternator charges the battery and most likley the battery doesn't push out enough juice to the amp or the alternator isn't beefy enough to keep the battery in check. May have to figure out some sort of aftermarket solution.

Could someone educate me and tell me where the sub is located? If there is a diagram that you can link to, I would appreciate it. Same for the amp.

Thanks again

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you can't find the sub unit, it can't be that loud. 8)

If its the same as previous models, it's behind the left hand panel in the rear compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts