RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

My 2010MY RRS HSE (German Market) was produced in June 2009 and does not have a reversing camera fitted (apparently they were standard as of Sept).

Does anyone know which stock LR parts are needed and if they can be retrofitted to the car? LR Germany has not been able to help me on this....

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
93 Posts
Martin,
First and foremost is the wiring harness. If that is not already there, I would not even attempt to fit the OEM camera. The High Level Display should have the additional video input, so a high end audio/video aftermarket installer should be able to install a unit that will work with your existing display. ibis1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks ibis1 !

From the schematics that I have seen the only wiring to the stock camera is power and the video cable. It there a technical issue that makes installing these (if they aren't present in the harness) more difficult for hte OEM camera than for an aftermarket one?

BTW does anyone know if the camera will work immediately or if the CCF (car configuration file) will need to be reprogrammed (ie change the status of the camera from unfitted to fitted) to use the incoming signal?

Thanks again,

Martin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just removed the rear spoiler and have found that the wiring harness forthe camera is in place. Here are some photos of the connector without it's protective cap.

The antenna cable seems to be connected on the head unit end as well as it is showing a relatively low resitance.

Does anyone know if the CCF file or anything else needs to be done to enable the camera on the software side or will it be recognized when it is connected ?

BTW I've ordered a camera from LR, but it is on back order and might take weeks to arrive.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts