RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, L322 folk

I'm shopping around for a 2010-2012 Rover for my dad. I've found one with just over 90k on it. The seller is a great guy and mentioned that it got its scheduled maint. done. But he mentioned that it did not include the timing chain so that it has NOT been done. Should I avoid this Rover and look for one that has had the timing chain done?

It was my understanding that a high mileage schedule maint. would include a timing chain job. Am I wrong? Is the timing chain only something that needs to be done when it fails? what does it sound like when it begins to malfunction?

Best,
Ashtray

P.S. I'm a P38 guy myself so I know nothing about L322's

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
The timing guides and tensioners are not scheduled maintenance. if you can get it at a decent price have the guides and tensioners updated at an indie shop.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're asking $18,XXX for it. Aside from a ding on the hood and a cracked start button, the car is in impeccable condition and runs incredibly smooth. A 2010 HSE LUX @ 90k miles...am I over paying?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just purchase a 2010 Bali blue HSE LUX for 20k with 63K. keep me posted great car love it just need some TLC.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd update everyone. My dad ended up getting this Rover. Sadly..on the morning after the purchase, there was a large coolant puddle on the floor. We called the owner, he dropped was he was doing, came with coolant, topped it off and then took to any indy mechanic who replaced the cross over hose under the intake manifold, the water pump and the thermostat. Hopefully that keeps my pops on the road for thousands of miles without any more problems. I did notice condensation in the brake lights. Not tons, but a bit. Any at home fix for this?

Also noticed that the start button is broken. Is it just the cap I can replace and if so is this a DIY?

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Condensation in the tail lamps is fairly normal especially in more humid places such as Texas. I wouldn't worry about it.

Good of the previous owner to do that, must have been pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts