RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I own a 2007 RR HSE. I was looking for a little project to do with my RR and thought about doing a 2010 face lift, but more and more I looked at the 2010 front facia, it reminded me of the Ford Expedition. Is it just me who thinks that??? I don't mean to offend anyone with 2010, but I'm just stating my opinion.. So, now I'm thinking about going with the Overfinch bodykit. What do you guys think? 2010 or Overfinch?

Also, does anyone know the price of the Overfinch bodykit? Their website doesn't have any price listings.

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
I also prefer the 06-09 fascia. It would not stop me from getting a 2010 but not a fan of the increased bling.
 

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
196 Posts
My farther bought a 2010 in December an the Dash Board reminds me of a Sanyo DVD player. :lol: To be honest I like the lay out of the 2002-2006 and the switch gear and finish of the 2007-2009.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
it reminds you of an expedition or a flex? i think you mean a flex... which to me basically looks like a squashed RR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
leeboyny,

If you need to ask the price of the Overfinch kit, then you can't afford it!

Only kidding :hand:

Don't know where you're based, but a 12 piece body kit is c. $5,500 in the USA, but these guys are selling it for $2,500.

http://www.bodykitnation.com/laroovbokitl.html

You'll probably pay the same in GBP.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
garioch43 said:
leeboyny,

If you need to ask the price of the Overfinch kit, then you can't afford it!

Only kidding :hand:

Don't know where you're based, but a 12 piece body kit is c. $5,500 in the USA, but these guys are selling it for $2,500.

http://www.bodykitnation.com/laroovbokitl.html

You'll probably pay the same in GBP.

Good luck!
thanks for the info, but the one you are showing me is an older version. What I want is the newer version which Holand & Holand RR has.

I want this



If the price is around $5-6K. I'm good to go. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
darrenmax said:
http://www.overfinch.nl/files/OverfinchRangeRover.pdf
I can't stop drooling over the brochure pictures. Thanks. Still no prices though. Maybe I should email overfinch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
i dunno.... i don't get it. why would you try to make an off-road truck into a sports car? those ground effects are like tits on a bear / lipstick on a pig. you lower the thing and put all that crap on it, it just makes it look even MORE like, well, a FLEX!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ed1655 said:
i dunno.... i don't get it. why would you try to make an off-road truck into a sports car? those ground effects are like tits on a bear / lipstick on a pig. you lower the thing and put all that crap on it, it just makes it look even MORE like, well, a FLEX!
I do understand where you are coming from but I bought my RR knowing that it will never see an offroad. As you know many people, including me, buy RR as an urban "status" vehicle. Also my major hobby is tuning import sports cars inside and out and racing at time attack, drift competitons. My last toy was Nissan 350z twin turbo Btw. I built it from the scratch. So I like to personalize and customize my rides. ;) Each to his own I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
HANG ON A MINUTE GUYS!!

The man only wants to put an Overfinch kit on......

A Properly fitted Overfinch Kit will simply make the RR look like an Overfinch RR and what's wrong with that if that's his taste?????? (No mine but heh ho)

I suggest you all back off unless you have some useful advice to give. Its been said before but this forum encompasses many different types of RR owner many of whom like their rides stock (me) but many other that choose to change their wheels or add bits of chrome etc to make them feel good. Nothing at all wrong with that. Its a free world and if you have the cash you also have the right to choose without discrimination.

Dont tell me that if the cars below drove by you would not at least take a second look:







 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
OK here's my take.

If your buying a Range Rover for the Design, Quality, Tradition, 4X4 Engineering and super comfy ride then leave it unmolested and just enjoy the best car on the road.

If your one of those that like to "Personalise" and you have the money and are much more interested in "the look" that suits you rather than any of the factors above then please go ahead its a free world out there and its not as if they are an endangered species.

Be prepared for a significant knock on re-sale though - unless you can find the perfect soul mate...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,794 Posts
It's always a joy to see the elitists snobs snub a new member who bought his rangie as a urban rig instead of their ideal of how a Rangie can only be used as an off road country capable rig. :roll: The additional two pages of sand box hogging have been deleted. Keep up the trash talk and mud slinging and a couple of you will be banned from the sand box all together.

We are all here because we like OUR Rangies. If you don't care for someone elses taste or modifications simply keep it zipped up. The snobbery, stereo types and pissing matches have no place here. There is no reason for tag team games or egging on comments with tacky postings. Until you start paying for the mods on someone elses rig keep your pie holes shut instead of trashing what someone else wants to do to their own rig.
 

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
It's always a joy to see the elitists snobs snub a new member who bought his rangie as a urban rig instead of their ideal of how a Rangie can only be used as an off road country capable rig. :roll: The additional two pages of sand box hogging have been deleted. Keep up the trash talk and mud slinging and a couple of you will be banned from the sand box all together.

We are all here because we like OUR Rangies. If you don't care for someone elses taste or modifications simply keep it zipped up. The snobbery, stereo types and pissing matches have no place here. There is no reason for tag team games or egging on comments with tacky postings. Until you start paying for the mods on someone elses rig keep your pie holes shut instead of trashing what someone else wants to do to their own rig.
Oh get over yourself. The whole politically correct "police state" that RR.NET is becoming is getting rather tiring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Crap, I was just sitting down to enjoy the latest round of slinging...
:p


JK. MUCH prefer a civil forum to the high-school-level-poop at D-web.

Thanks, Carl.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,794 Posts
Ah heck, the Nazi crap has already come and gone. So has the white trash, race card and ghetto trolling. It's a pretty simple concept, you can't play nice go play somewhere else. You don't like the site and that John asks the members to be friendly, go play someplace else.

You are right Dan, it is getting tiring. It is getting tiring cleaning up the trash talk and name calling that folks feel is appropriate here.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top