Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have read a bunch of threads on converting the 06-09 Range Rover to the 2010 Front end headlights and taillights. I understand there are "kits" and many different ways to hook up the lights. What is the best wiring kit for the rear tail lights and what is the best kit for the front headlights? And where would be the cheapest place to buy? To clarify i have a 2008 Range Rover Supercharged which i am replacing with 2010 Headlights (along with the rest of the front end parts) and tailights. I have most of the actual parts, what i really need help with is the adaptor/wiring harness kits to make all the lights work perfect once plugged in....

Thanks!
James

·
Registered
169 Posts
All of these issues have been discussed in great depth here on the forums many times. Just search and you'll find nearly all the answers to nearly every question you have presented. As for the best prices, I would look up the individual part numbers and Google them. That's how I found my best prices for my tail lights. I believe at the time they were from lrseries.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boo, I apologize and should have been more clear in my original post....I have read through all the other forums from other members...the issue is everything is atleast 6 months old or older. The "BEST" method found by other members who tackled the job was to get the 2 different wire harness kits from Rob at JR Auto Electric in the UK. I have his email address and have already tried that. He was selling the Kits online on EBAY as late as a few months ago, but now he has nothing on EBAY for sale, and he does not have a website and has not responded to email. So right now after reading all the threads i am back at zero....Anyone speak to Rob lately from JR Auto Electric? Any other advice on how to get these 2 kits? Thanks James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm sharing your same frustration. The posts on this subject (upgrading 2006-2009 tail lights to 2010 type lights) are kind of old and outdated. I can't find anything on ebay or find any contact info that many people referenced on the older posts. I have a 2006 Range Rover HSE (not supercharged). I will keep you posted if I find a good resource for a good available kit.

Good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Agreed, would like to hear an update on conversions as well. Any advice on the on most cost effective way to source the parts? Ebay or allow an installer to find used parts using their own network of suppliers?

I've read the posts and was looking for an installer in Southern California. So far the message boards have listed RDB in Los Angeles and TAG Motorsports in San Diego. Any other?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys I did get hold of Rob via email at JR Auto Electric....VERY cool guy BTW. He was out of stock on the rear wiring kits, but had the front kit. I ordered the front wire harness kit and just received it today... Regarding teh REAR tailights..... I even baffled Rob at JR. I literally plugged the new 2010 lights in to my 2008 RR SC and they worked without the wire harness kit. I read one other post somewhere that someone else had this same experience with the rear. I have NO clue why mine works with NO issues, and Rob did not understand that either but it does. Brake light, reverse lights, Tail lights, and rear fog. NO ISSUES. my suggestion is to first try and see if you have issues with the rear lights and if you do, order the kit from Rob, if not and you are lucky like me good for you.! I am just waiting for a few parts in the mail to begin my front end conversion..... Good luck Bruin2006 and southerndog

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUESTION on the front end......Other than the LIGHTS.......the actual Grill and bumper.....does the 2010-12 bumper use the same connectors, clips, screws as the 06-08 parts? Point being once i start the project am i going to have to order a bunch of stupid little stuff to make it complete? if so what do i need?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just tuned in to this thread...I apologize for being MIA. Work and life has been hectic the past 6 months or so. I am glad you were able to get ahold of Rob...his kits are excellent. I have had the kits installed on my rover for close to a year and a half with no issues. They are holding up very well.

Forte08SC to answer your question...you will need new brackets and miscellaneous pieces as well as having to do a little metal trimming (to make the brackets fit)...nothing too wild. I don't recall the details, but any legitimate body shop can have it done. Sorry if I wasn't much help...just tuning in after a long while lol.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MCANZIO - Thank you for your response, I have read through all your posts on your conversion. Thank you very much for all the posts, it has made my job MUCH easier to piece everything together.

Are both fog lights exactly the same, or is there a left side/right side? Thanks,

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Hi I also need help im converting my 2003 hse taillights to the 2011 taillights also the front end.im just trying to get the ball rolling SO COULD I PLEASE HAVE DUDE EMAIL SO I CAN ORDER THE WaireHARNESS. While I wait for ebay to ship me my taillights and ect. Also is there any difference in the 2003 hse to the 2011 hse sport bumper fitting

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
321 Posts
Hi I also need help im converting my 2003 hse taillights to the 2011 taillights also the front end.im just trying to get the ball rolling SO COULD I PLEASE HAVE DUDE EMAIL SO I CAN ORDER THE WaireHARNESS. While I wait for ebay to ship me my taillights and ect. Also is there any difference in the 2003 hse to the 2011 hse sport bumper fitting
Ummm, see the post above yours? :doh:

·
Registered
97 Posts
could you just only change the headlights and the grille if you didn't want to change the bumper and everything else?

the lights themselves are the only thing that i might be interested in switching on mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
could you just only change the headlights and the grille if you didn't want to change the bumper and everything else?

the lights themselves are the only thing that i might be interested in switching on mine.
No, the 2010+ lights are actually shorter when measured vertically compared with the 2006-2009 lights. So in theory there would be a gap between the 2010 headlights/grill and the 2006-2009 front bumper. Plus the mounting brackets and top bar are different as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick question about the headlights... Can't get the led sidelights to stop flickering on and off, any one know how to fix this? Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts