RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I checked into the Equinox resort in VT last night and found out there is a 2010 press event based out of here this week. There have been 2010 models all over the place. The event is to show off the new models to the press (Car and Driver, Road & Track, etc.) The LR4 looks pretty good! I still love the Sport though. I only wish I could get a press pass!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
You could be Rangerover.net's East Coast correspondent!!! I'm sure someone from RRnet corporate can vet you. Umberto?

Hey, by the way, if you're up for some offroading I know some great streams to ford across up there. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought Ford sold Land Rover?

Only kidding.
Hey How come they don't have the show at one of the Connecticut Indian gambling places now that Tata owns LR?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be up for being the east coast reporter! The bell hop was trying to get me a "press pass" after I jokingly asked if he could get me one.

I should ask them if they would let me join up and register if I gave a review on the forum.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
bop08 said:
I thought Ford sold Land Rover?

Only kidding.
Hey How come they don't have the show at one of the Connecticut Indian gambling places now that Tata owns LR?
Surely you jest...you're getting your Indians mixed up here... :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
This should be your event, right? Don't worry, I'm on it for ya. Does anyone find that this forum does a bit too much goofing around when it comes to topics? Your British counterpart takes things a little more seriously, as well as my Infiniti and Z forum. Let's do some research here and get some input from those of you who have been here for a long time. I'm a newbie and am finding way more than what some of you "enthusiasts" are finding. Have any of you found the 2010 Sport accessories booklet online yet? Didn't think so. You should've if you love your trucks so much.

I know you'll tell me to go someplace else, but we're in the US. That's where I'd like my source to be. Don't get me wrong... We have some great moderators and other great members, but I find myself looking at half of the posts being "light-hearted" comments back and forth not relating to the subject on the table. This is a no-no on most other forums. A little fun is fine, but this is a bit over the top here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-LCY8XAJ8

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
The Weatherman said:
Your British counterpart takes things a little more seriously....
Now that's funny... :D :D :D surely you've seen how fast our UK brethren can derail a thread.

·
Registered
458 Posts
PJPR01 said:
The Weatherman said:
Your British counterpart takes things a little more seriously....
Now that's funny... :D :D :D surely you've seen how fast our UK brethren can derail a thread.
I really do respect some of you guys. I'm just talking about the British Sport Forum. No names mentioned. I just wish I could get some of their info here. I'd rather support our crew.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Looks like you had a good co-pilot with Tom Collins as your guide if that's you as the driver.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Weatherman said:
This should be your event, right? Don't worry, I'm on it for ya. Does anyone find that this forum does a bit too much goofing around when it comes to topics? Your British counterpart takes things a little more seriously, as well as my Infiniti and Z forum. Let's do some research here and get some input from those of you who have been here for a long time. I'm a newbie and am finding way more than what some of you "enthusiasts" are finding. Have any of you found the 2010 Sport accessories booklet online yet? Didn't think so. You should've if you love your trucks so much.

I know you'll tell me to go someplace else, but we're in the US. That's where I'd like my source to be. Don't get me wrong... We have some great moderators and other great members, but I find myself looking at half of the posts being "light-hearted" comments back and forth not relating to the subject on the table. This is a no-no on most other forums. A little fun is fine, but this is a bit over the top here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-LCY8XAJ8

I hear you it is fustrating here sometimes... Not like the BMW forums, I'm used too. But hey we are in it for the driving experience not the forum..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agreeFully. Most of the threads I've read are some kind of smart comment about what the original poster has said. I think that it would probably be a more active forum if 75% of the comments weren't of a smart a$$ nature.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I will admit, that yes, this forum is a bit "off camber" (heh, still got a funny in...), but IMO the reason for that is most of us that are joking around have met each other at some point and/or know them within a degree of separation from the other member. :wink: That and the off roaders are a different breed altogether. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
That may be true, but to those looking for help to issues and maybe just trying to get to know everyone in this community; it may be a turn off when everypost they make there is a post making fun of their decision or not really putting any valuable information. Just my .02 I guess

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Mwar, again thanks for the heads up on the event at the Equinox. Passed by there on the way home yesterday and saw some of the new ones. Although it was pouring rain, my first thought is the new colors are quite nice in person, they look a bit more sophisticated than the two shades of gray, white, etc. And Weatherman, even so you thanked yourself already, thanks for posting the video.

I'm just not sold on not having a oil dipstick to check...yet.

What's with the thin-skinned thing going on in the last few posts? First of all, the only thing in common RR has with Infiniti and BMW is...well...nothing once you leave the pavement, so why should the forums be the same? I like to think this forum is a bit like talking around a campfire while eating freshly killed grilled squirrel on a stick after a day of offroading (albeit in a vehicle loaded with more electronics than the space shuttle). Second, if anyone has a legitimate problem and needs help with their RRS, there is no better forum.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
The GTR is a Christmas tree of special service bulletins on MY2010s, addressing all kinds of possible malfunctions on early production units. Stuff ranging from the audio system being partially inoperative, to the car entering limp mode because someone forgot to turn off speed restrictions during PDI, to a batch of faulty coolant level sensor tanks, to diagnostics software being unable to reset certain fault codes at delivery... Not a good sign, it's as if Land Rover rushed these new cars to dealers before doing its homework.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
umbertob said:
The GTR is a Christmas tree of special service bulletins on MY2010s, addressing all kinds of possible malfunctions on early production units. Stuff ranging from the audio system being partially inoperative, to the car entering limp mode because someone forgot to turn off speed restrictions during PDI, to a batch of faulty coolant level sensor tanks, to diagnostics software being unable to reset certain fault codes at delivery... Not a good sign, it's as if Land Rover rushed these new cars to dealers before doing its homework.
4 years of faulty coolant sensors...that's amazing...

Maybe TATA rushed them...or maybe the Solihull workers are feeling anxious these days about plant closings and have decided to sabotage their own work...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Hmmm, maybe the RRS's were still there because they were stuck at the hotel :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
PJPR01 said:
or maybe the Solihull workers are feeling anxious these days about plant closings and have decided to sabotage their own work...
Reminds me of a Materials course I had in college; story per my professor. GM proposed and asked the professor to design an o-ring to a certain spec with given conditions. This o-ring was on a srcrew that held part of the computer that would reside in the engine bay. He desgined this thing to fail on exactly 4 years (don't remember the exact length) plus a couple months. He gave the specs to GM; don't know what they did with them... :snooty:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts