Range Rovers Forum banner

2010 Door Issues

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  PRSC 
#1 ·
I have been having numerous problems with this SUV.

Lastly the door issue is what is driving me nuts. the traffic and wind noise is crazy at normal speeds and its all due to a defect the door has on the top part of the driver door side. the funny part is the rest of the door is alligned normal to the rest of the car.

I believe is has something to do with the chasis. The dealer made an appointment for thursday and said they will fix it but I dont see how?????

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The day I purchased the vechicle the front passenger side door wouldn't close all the way. Additionally, a rear fender was flairing out. I mentioned both items and the dealer made the adjustments to realign the door and adjust the fendor. This is my first Land Rover purchase and I'm amazed how every body/door spacing is dramatically different from one side to the other. I know there are a lot of people that are passionate about these vechicles but I'm not feeling the love right now. The most annoying issue at the moment for me is the excessive wind noise. Going into the dealer on Thursday for 3rd attempt at this issues along with about 7 other items to be fixed. The vechicle is only 4 months old with 3500 miles. Servicing it is becoming a full time job.

#4 ·
swimmingriver said:
The day I purchased the vechicle the front passenger side door wouldn't close all the way. Additionally, a rear fender was flairing out. I mentioned both items and the dealer made the adjustments to realign the door and adjust the fendor. This is my first Land Rover purchase and I'm amazed how every body/door spacing is dramatically different from one side to the other. I know there are a lot of people that are passionate about these vechicles but I'm not feeling the love right now. The most annoying issue at the moment for me is the excessive wind noise. Going into the dealer on Thursday for 3rd attempt at this issues along with about 7 other items to be fixed. The vechicle is only 4 months old with 3500 miles. Servicing it is becoming a full time job.
`) `) That's how they say it down here....a 3 syllable drawn out word... `) `)

#5 ·
Hard to tell from a picture but to me, rather than the A-pillar cover being out of whack, it almost seems as if the roof molding on the driver's side (unless you are in the UK, of course :wink: ) may be partially detached at the front edge, just above the windshield. This could cause quite a racket at highway speeds as the wind lifts it further from its retaining clip(s) and channels underneath. :?:

Attachments

#6 ·
Yhea I hear your concern also it is dissapointing here in PR these suv cost $100k which is allot for an suv especially with so much issues. I also am taking it on thursady for the 3rd time and I am not too crazy about this car anymore I am probrably going to see what they will do to repair my car. If the issue isn't resolved properly I will demand for them to take it back.

G
#11 ·
If the side moldings are not sitting right (appears that way in the photos) the will need to re seat those. Normally it is caused by a bad windshield install. Maybe too much sealant between windshield and frame. This was the case with mine.
There may be to little and the windshield may be sitting on the frame or off to one side.

Don't stress about it, your dealer will fix it

#12 ·
My problem isnt the windshield itself it is the driver door to the right look at out it is sticking out on top which is where the wind and road noise get in. This gap extends from that part of the front door all the way to the rear driver door as well only on top!

#14 ·
That what my delaer said that they would aligned hinges but the doors are aligned correctly on the bottom and sides o I dont now hopw aligning hinges will fix this. The top part is facing outward which is the weird part and thats the problem area!

G
#15 ·
Yes, it your windshield is off the the drivers side, it wont allow the door to rest in its frame correctly.
The dealership probably does not want to touch the windshield because any movement mean replacement and that is $$

I would lemon it and start out with a fresh 2010 at this point. You took delivery of it like that?

#16 ·
Just came back from the dealear today and they said the only way to fix the issue is sending it to a body shop and having the hinges moved.

Ofcourse I declined to have it send to a body shop and requested that they take it back. They will let me know their desicion today afteroon.

If their desicion is fixing it, I will lemon it.

#17 ·
Move the hinges? as in each side of your car would have the hinges in a different location? WOW can't believe it. I hoped that by now LR would have every thing worked out with our cars. At least they should give you a new car, something in that car is jacked. How did it leave the factory with that huge gap on the door, or with hinges welded on the wrong spot that's insane.
Good luck man, I hope the dealer does the right thing for you.

#18 ·
Thanks,

That is exactly what I told the delear today. How can I accept a new car being taken to body shop. They said it happens all the time and its normal and I told them not with my new suv which costed me $100k.

This kind of issue isnt covered byt warranty meaning it is a maufactures defect given its a new car they will have to take it back. I hope we can see eye to eye if not I will need to take some seroius action.

Lets see what happens.

#19 ·
I had to lemon law a LR a few years back. Which they did, but the key is to understand the Lemon Law for your State. Which you should have been given a copy of that when you purchased your RRS. Then look at the lemon law for your State. Know the exact reqs to met the lemon law in your State. This will be key, as a lemon law is a legal thing not a customer sat issue (typically). Like I said it will vary by State, but it's typically something like 20-30 non-consecutive days at the dealership within the 1st 18 to 24 mos or 3-4 visits to the dealership for the same problem w/o a resolution with 18 - 24 mos. I think the latter would be your best option. Meaning a lemon will have to go to LR NA headquarters. But if can prove or they (or you) have the service records that meet your State's lemon law, then it's pretty easy. They know they are cooked then. Then they HAVE TO to offer you a full refund incl tax and lic or a new car. I took the full refund. Good luck / hope this helps.

#20 ·
^^^Good info.

The dealer should send this one back to LR headquarters so that they can find out what went wrong and if it affected other LRs. Should be no sweat for the dealer to describe this to headquarters and get you your money back or give you a new vehicle of equal value. Taking a brand new 100k vehicle to the body shop is unacceptable, (even if they pay, that is plain lazy) besides who knows what else may be screwed up.

Dealer takes your money, but doesn't want any part of you after the fact; bad customer service. Maybe you should skip talking with the dealer and write/communicate directly with Land Rover headquarters.

Do you have measurements and pictures?

Keep the pressure on them.

Good luck!

#22 ·
Monday is the day I will know but I haven't heard from anyone at the delear. My lawyer and friends say stay firm on getting and refund.! I am really dissapointed with my LR delear. This is the second RRS I buy from them. I hope I can resolve this is the fastest manner and not have to go with a mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.