RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure why there hasn't been more talk about doing this. I don't think that the 2010 brake lights are available yet to buy but I was wondering if this swap was possible. I understand that this might trip a couple bulb failures and the car will think that the bulbs are burnt out but I'm sure there's something you could do to solve that problem. Anybody know what the deal is? I love the look of the 2010 brake lights and they look about the same dimensions but I haven't had a chance to confirm this. Any help would be appreciated. As you can tell from my posts I don't like the stock tail lights on my 2006 very much haha.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I too was wondering this -- and also thinking of the 09 clears-- but if they're about the same $$ for the 2010 LED's --I would much rather prefer LEDS

·
Registered
103 Posts
Id be interested if these lights could be made to not flash fast- think they need a resistor or something -

I would not really want to mess with an ECU remap for a headlight upgrade -- maybe for a HP upgrade but not for a light upgrade.

now, if someone could come up with a simple resistor solution, that would allow the indicator to flash in normal fashion, then I would be interested

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its all possible, and yes you can buy a 2010 taillamp.

:smart

·
Registered
103 Posts
DO you know who sells the full solution with the resistor solution / blinker problem resolved together with the lights a a package ?

How much is it ? Might be a worthwhile venture for a board sponsor to offer a group buy on this solution

·
Registered
19 Posts
No i dont, but this is fairly easy to do. Just need to find the right resistor and solder it inline.

::

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
fine i'll take the bullet...someone forward me a link to where i can purchase these tail lights...im going to be our savior!

i'll sell packages if they show up to work, on the HSE model as well b/c my friend will be my guinea pig too!

·
Registered
61 Posts
the dealership here said they wouldn't be available until the beginning of the year, unless you supply them with a VIN of a 2010 model for a replacement. I guess they are trying to keep the new sports prestigious like they do with all the HST parts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
198 Posts
I want to do this also. LED lights would be cool.
Is the current draw how the computer figures out burnt lamps?
i am an EE so i could help figure out a solution if i know what the problem is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone know the best deal on where to buy these, and how much they are for the pair?

Any place that's wired up the resistor to stop the fast blinking problem ? Would love to get a pair of these

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dears,

The solution for the Tail Lights is very simple...Just connect 6ohm inline resistor to the Signal wire and that's it...No Monopoly....

Cheers..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts