RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this located on 2010's ?
pictures would be appreciated
I am thinking of installing one on my 06 RRSS, and want the stock / hidden look -- don't like the license plate frame looking camera.

any interesting places to mount & camera recommendations?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
umbertob said:
I think it's on the redesigned upper liftgate spoiler, next to the center brake light?
Yes, I can take a picture and post it for you tomorrow if no one has by then.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would if I can get my car out of the shop................

·
Registered
260 Posts
When the car comes to a stop say for a stop sign and you go to take off quickly it just revs then finally kicks into gear... Dealer said its a software update that came on all cars after 9/09 my build date is 7/09

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's a shot of it ... not a great pic because I only had my iPhone handy & very little light in the back of my garage. You can see it is located just to the right of the center brake light.

[attachment=0:g7rkebvb]rr_camera.jpg[/attachment:g7rkebvb]

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
and another equally crumby shot taken with the iphone this afternoon at the gas station in the rain... but at least i was thinkin' 'bout you...

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting those.

I was wondering how you would get a visual of the rear bumper from that angle.

Do you actually see the rear bumper from the camera?

Could you also post up a shot of your nav screen while you are in reverse so that I could get a shot of what sort of spacial relationship can be garnered between the back of the vehicle and objects or other cats behind it

would be good if you were paralel parked so that I could get an idea of the distance behind you and the outlook

Thx

·
Registered
83 Posts
any particular type of car you'd like to see in the rearview? ;-) will try to remember to snap one next time i parallel park...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has to be a bonatii grey Rrss only! ;)

all kidding aside, I really like how nicely integrated that camera is in the spoiler.

Are all the rear brake light lenses on 2010s white, now? And are they led?

I'm trying to understand how much functionality I will have to trade off to get a really clean install like yours

I was looking at installing in my existing rear spoiler, but assumed that the camera would not be able to see the rear bmper due to the sharp rake of the back window. Maybe there is something special about the factory install that lr figured out to get around that in the 2010s

·
Registered
83 Posts
ok, here's 2 quick shots, hope they help - the first was taken while one spot away from the car behind me, and the second was taken when i was in the spot directly in front of the car behind me. the car behind me was towards the back of his space. enjoy...

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Thanks sjg123, do those yellow lines remain straight at all times or do they bend left/right along with you steering to give you an idea of where you'll end up? I read elsewhere that they are static (which would suck), unless you have the optional surround camera system.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine don't bend, my date code is 08/09. But then again my car has been in the shop for three weeks and I only got to drive it 20 miles so I am not 1000% sure! :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
i'm pretty sure mine is also an 08/09 - when you get your truck back, try again. they definitely arc and bend as the wheels turn and your direction changes...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
sjg123, do you have the surround cameras? If so, I understand the yellow lines do indeed bend as you steer. If you only have the backup cam though, I get the feeling those yellow lines are static. You may both be right on this one. :|

1 - 20 of 24 Posts