RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Im lazy, and yes im not very good with the search feature. But can any of the regulars give me an idea what the changes are to the 2011 RRS S/C versus the 2010? My dealer is having a fire sale and after 2 RRS S/C im getting the itch for another one.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knew you would have it! Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So pretty much minor changes and making the lighting package optional?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even on the SC? WTF!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to dealer saturday. Holy **** the 2010's are so much faster than the 2008's! Dealer explained the "new" options of Logic 7 and whatever else as their way of raising their prices, but not really raising their prices.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i mean compared to 2010 where these new options were standard... the 2011 base price should be less than 2010

or that means 2010 was just a good bargain ;p

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree w/ colonels here...seriously 2010 seems to be a better option than 2011 model w/ all these gone - adaptive front lighting, high beam assist, and the logic 7 ! I am meeting with my dealer next saturday (9/25) for placing an order...I know the prices are not official yet, but will they be dropping the base price on 2011 models ?

·
Registered
282 Posts
voken said:
I agree w/ colonels here...seriously 2010 seems to be a better option than 2011 model w/ all these gone - adaptive front lighting, high beam assist, and the logic 7 ! I am meeting with my dealer next saturday (9/25) for placing an order...I know the prices are not official yet, but will they be dropping the base price on 2011 models ?
First model year of an update is never the best option. Although it might be cheaper to buy a 2010, the bugs from the 2010 have been worked out for 2011 models. Also, note that the "Extended Leather Package is now standard on HSE w/LUX and Supercharged trim levels." That was $1000 option that I believe most would desire.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
voken said:
I know the prices are not official yet, but will they be dropping the base price on 2011 models ?
:?: MSRP and option prices are all listed in the Marketing Bulletin linked above. Same price as last year for the base NAS HSE, if you can find one, without a few gizmos that used to be standard such as Logic7, AFS and HBA now part of their own packages (the last two I won't miss one bit, two useless electronic modules less to break. :wink: ) But if you load it up with all the toys - as mentioned, some of the option packs this year include features that used to be standalone options last year, such as HD radio, extended leather pack, contrast stitching, the surround cameras... - a similarly equipped 2011 HSE w/ Lux or S/C will probably cost 1 or 2 grands more than a 2010. That's, what, a 2 -3% increase? Seems in line with the rest of the industry. The Sport was obscenely expensive last year, it's still the same this year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Not sure how I missed the pricing part :) OK, I think it might be less of an impact for me, as I am looking for HSE (not the LUX), Iam only losing Logic 7 as the other 2 -AFS and AHBA are never part of HSE to start with and they were deleted from HSE w/ Lux and SC. And also the pdf said that the iPod lead has been deleted and made optional, so not sure how they will charge for this now...

Is Lux a good option ? With $4700 more than HSE (65,195 vs. 60,495) and getting only CPP ($1400) + extended leather ($1000)+ contrast stitch ($300)+ HDradio ($350) and 20" 15spoke style-3 ($1000) - total taking us to $4050 which is less than the $4700 extra we are paying and moreover do we need all they are offering as part of Lux ?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I think the LUX package includes a more supple leather grade for the seats - at least it used to back in 06. The difference in quality was quite noticeable back then, and that's probably where the extra money would be spent. The iPod lead s/b about $75, some dealers are selling it online already for 2011 owners (or 2010 owners who lost theirs :wink: ): http://landrover.niello.com/accessories ... ategory=61

·
Registered
282 Posts
I haven't found anything supporting this (and 2011's I've seen on luxury4play.com don't seem to evidence it), but it seems from an official 2011 RRS photo on LR's site that the front grill was changed (now seems to match the Autobiography/Sport GT grill in terms of grill surround but keeps the two slats). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
282 Posts
umbertob said:
Methinks it's just trick lighting / too much photoshopping over a regular HSE grille in that photo... :wink:
I think you might be right on the photoshopping issue - I zoomed in on the photo, and you can see a clear gap separating the shiny silver part and the normal part of the grill (like the Autobiography; would seem to evidence a change) but this isn't visible in any other picture, meaning someone probably got overzealous with their photo manipulation. I also appreciate your use of "methinks" - it's a great word not used often enough.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
No, after taking a second look at the model builder on LRNA's web site (now configured for MY2011s), I think you might be right. In the "Exterior features" of the HSE, the grille is described as:

Front Grille - Jupiter (dark finish)
The new two-bar grille imbues Range Rover Sport with a more purposeful and charismatic look. The dark Jupiter finish adds style to the grille and enlarged side vents.
I don't believe that was the finish on last year's model... or was it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
umbertob said:
No, after taking a second look at the model builder on LRNA's web site (now configured for MY2011s), I think you might be right. In the "Exterior features" of the HSE, the grille is described as:

I don't believe that was the finish on last year's model... or was it?
I don't think the grill changed significantly, unless it's mid/early-year refresh. Here's a pic of a 2011 from luxury4play.com, and the grill appears to be substantially the same (although the finish might have become darker for 2011's):

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something - you guys are chit-chatting about downgrades/upgrades and all I can notice is the quoted prices paid in the US compared to here in Oz. At the mo our dollar fluctuates around the 94 -95 US cent mark - yet you pay roughly US $90k for an RRS autobog????? Over here,try Aus$150 - $160k and up. We get ripped off in this country while they tell us our economy is so strrrrrong........ no doubt justification is less units sold and further to ship, but that's a whacking price differential.
I'm seriously thinking of a three month US holiday and then a nice shiny new RR to be shipped back here, tax free.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts