RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for me to replace the rear pads and rotors on my 2011 RR Supercharged. This is the first time I've needed to touch the rear brakes on the 2010-2012 RR's. Do I need to do anything 'special' with the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) in order to remove the rear rotors?
Workshop manual Section 206-04 mentions "Using the Land Rover approved diagnostic system, drive the parking brake to the 'mounting position'." Is this necessary?
In other sections it describes using the more common/standard parking brake shoe adjustment wheel to retract or extend the pads. So which is it? I have the IID tool and can dig around for a parking brake "mounting position" setting, but it would probably quicker to simply retract the shoes with a couple "spins" of the adjustment wheel.

Also has anybody done the proper EPB bed-in procedure? Seems straightforward enough... sounds like after you enter "bed-in" mode, you use the EPB control switch to bring the vehicle to a complete stop from moderate speed a few times. Anything I should be aware of here?

·
Registered
2011 RRSC
78 Posts
I have not done this on either L322 but my previous LR3 I replaced the discs, shoes, pads and epb module. That time I followed the bed in procedure. The 07 I recently adjusted the shoes and did not follow the bed in procedure as the manual did not call for it on an adjustment. Bed in procedure was as easy as you wrote out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ryan.
Anybody else?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
334 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have seen the brake bible. Do you know if the EPB on the 2010-2012 RR can be put in the service mode (NOT the Bed-IN mode) via the method described in the bible?
The process described in the "Brake Bible" for this is: "In the car, press the brake pedal three times and hold the pedal down. Push down on the EPB switch for 3-5 seconds. Go to the main fuse box in the engine bay and remove FL8 fuse 30A (pink Fuse) this will ensure that the EPB is not accidentally re-engaged."
The Factory Service Manual for the 2010-2012 RR suggests the service mode is only engaged via SSD/IID software.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
The GAP IID tool can put it in Service mode if you have one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts