RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my last complimentary service for my 2007 sport and am now looking at the 10/11 model. I have several questions...

1. Any word on what might be in the works for the 2011? I am expecting color options might vary but besides that I doubt any real changes.
2. I like the autobiography sport, I have looked for them online but have only come across black ones here in the US. Are there any other color options or is that just for the rest of the world?
3. Currently my sport is black with an ivory interior, I am thinking of swapping the colors and going white on black what are your favorite colors/thoughts on the color change?

Thanks for all the help!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
IMHO, unless it's been problematic I'd definitely hang on to your 07 until the 2011s are out. If my 2006 continues being as relatively trouble free as it has been up to now I plan on keeping it for an extra year or so myself, I might even stretch it to a year and a half and wait until the 2012s (I might have close to 200K miles!) By then we may get a few new toys (a complete overhaul on a new platform is probably still 3 to 4 years away for the RRS.) As you said, I think the 2011s will add very little to the extensive facelift of the current 2010s other than a few new colors and trims like you said, and perhaps some current options becoming standard issue. That may be a good thing, though. :wink:

AFAIK, the only 2010 Autobiography RRS available in North America is Santorini black with a funky two-tone leather interior. Not my cup of tea, but it is definitely distinctive.

And white with ebony interior is the most spectacular color combo anywhere for the Sport. Seriously though, if I didn't live in such a sunny and hot place I'd be tempted by darker colors, perhaps even black. But I think white really works on the Sport, it hides our SoCal custom pin striping like a champ and takes weeks before really looking like it needs a car wash. I love white! :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umbertob said:
IMHO, unless it's been problematic I'd definitely hang on to your 07 until the 2011s are out.
Thanks umbertob for your opinion, I was wondering however why you would recommend waiting for the 2011's?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
To give Land Rover an extra year to work out the wrinkles. The 2006 Sport was all-new as well, but many pieces that made up the "guts" of the 2006-2009 cars had been thoroughly broken in and fine tuned on other brands owned by Ford at the time (Jag, AM, even Volvo!) prior to being used at Land Rover, while the platform and revolutionary off-road technologies exclusive to the brand, such as Terrain Response and EAS, were real-world tested for a full year on a bunch of cleverly disguised test mules, AKA the 2005 LR3. :D The 2010s are a different story, lots of new and cutting edge technology with teething problems potential, including engines, driving dynamic controls and all those lovely electronic goodies with little or no track record of reliability. Let's hope for the best but this is Land Rover, so...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I heard that supposedly by 2012 LR is going to be working on the 35mpg restrictions that the government is trying to enforce. My LR friend said its in the works but who knows. The other option is to not sell LR's in the US market if that is enforced. I dont see how LR can get that kind of mileage out of any recent engines with this kinda weight.
Next year he said complimentary service is in, which is in line with Jag. Once all the electronic wrinkles are worked out, the new RR's will be good. Who knows when that will be however although he did say hes been seeing a lot less problems.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well umbertob, jbrac25 I guess I will hang on to the range for a couple more months and wait for the 2011 sport to come out. Hopefully we will get a press release about the updates, most importantly concerning the complimentary service. And I think this time I will go with the "umbertob special" color combo versus my current "urban assault" `) `) `)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
milobrandt said:
And I think this time I will go with the "umbertob special" color combo versus my current "urban assault" `) `) `)
:shock:

Does this mean we can expect pictures of it outdoors in a sunny environ surrounded by a field of brightly colored wildflowers?
:D

jbrac25 said:
I heard that supposedly by 2012 LR is going to be working on the 35mpg restrictions that the government is trying to enforce. My LR friend said its in the works but who knows. The other option is to not sell LR's in the US market if that is enforced. I dont see how LR can get that kind of mileage out of any recent engines with this kinda weight.
No doubt this is gonna be a big problem for LR as the new mpg requirements get phased in over the next decade ( I think in '11 its 24 mpg).

Reading the tea leaves in the 2011-2016 regulations, I gotta imagine on the next major redesign:
--the S/C 8 cyl engine is gonzo
--the ladder frame construction gets replaced by unibody to save weight
--we get 6 cyl gas and diesel
--engine oil will be a thick as J&J baby oil
--really crappy for offroad, low rolling resistance tires

Unlike Ford, Tata has no high mileage vehicles it sells in the US to offset what it currently offers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gooseyloosey said:

Does this mean we can expect pictures of it outdoors in a sunny environ surrounded by a field of brightly colored wildflowers?
Well i'm not sure because I realized that instead of it being the "umbertob special" or "storm trooper" color combos it could be the "scandinavian assault package" so that would mean lots of pictures in the snow and climbing up the side of a mountain. `) this probably sounded funnier in my head :roll:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
milobrandt said:
gooseyloosey said:

Well i'm not sure because I realized that instead of it being the "umbertob special" or "storm trooper" color combos it could be the "scandinavian assault package" so that would mean lots of pictures in the snow and climbing up the side of a mountain. `) this probably sounded funnier in my head :roll:

Yeah it didn't type well, but I see where you're going and I like it

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
rafa said:
milobrandt said:
gooseyloosey said:

Yeah it didn't type well, but I see where you're going and I like it
Yes I see where you are going w this Milo, I went overboard on the wildflower setting. "Scandinavian assault package" leaves a bit of intrigue in the mix. Add those behind the grill mystery lights, and I could see white on white as a viable option...and a vehicle that you could drive more than just between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gooseyloosey said:
Yes I see where you are going w this Milo, I went overboard on the wildflower setting. "Scandinavian assault package" leaves a bit of intrigue in the mix. Add those behind the grill mystery lights, and I could see white on white as a viable option...and a vehicle that you could drive more than just between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
I too understand where you were coming from but images from the "sound of music" started popping into my head and I had to put an end to it immediately!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts