RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the factory $800 installed option the only way to go for the 2009 Rovers? I just got an 09 S/C and I want to add the iPod connection. It seems the kit is about $300 and the labor another $500? I am pretty mehanically inclined but I do NOT want to go about installing a piece of equipment in the electrical system of this car which probably has about as much wiring in it as a 747. Just wondering if that was my only option other than running a wire to the back and plugging it into the ux in in the back seat. i would like iPod control through the touch screen if possible, just dont wanna shell out $800 bucks for it if possible.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
newportrover said:
Is the factory $800 installed option the only way to go for the 2009 Rovers? I just got an 09 S/C and I want to add the iPod connection. It seems the kit is about $300 and the labor another $500? I am pretty mehanically inclined but I do NOT want to go about installing a piece of equipment in the electrical system of this car which probably has about as much wiring in it as a 747. Just wondering if that was my only option other than running a wire to the back and plugging it into the ux in in the back seat. i would like iPod control through the touch screen if possible, just dont wanna shell out $800 bucks for it if possible.
Just found this Ipod connection kit at http://www.xtremerovers.com/range-rover ... n-p-1.html I believe the owner of the online shop is a RR Forum Member who I am sure will answer questions.

I have just viewed a video of the install and it looks real easy - especially for US owners.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gazellio said:
newportrover said:
Just found this Ipod connection kit at http://www.xtremerovers.com/range-rover ... n-p-1.html I believe the owner of the online shop is a RR Forum Member who I am sure will answer questions.

I have just viewed a video of the install and it looks real easy - especially for US owners.
That kit is for the 03-04 Rover...mine is the 09 with a completely different radio, and the rear seat entertainment package.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're speaking about the official interface its a pretty straight forward job. Its all bolts and plugs. you just need to remove the wood trim and the dashboard side from the passenger side of the car. after that is all easy to do.

I think they sell it with instructions. On mine i asked for them to give me that (i think they keep that for themselves...).

if i can find it i will upload it or send it to you.

Also, make a search here on the forum about this issue, because the guys that supply them to LR also sell them independently for a fraction of the cost. I don't remember the site... nor am i the mood to do searches.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
newportrover said:
Gazellio said:
newportrover said:

That kit is for the 03-04 Rover...mine is the 09 with a completely different radio, and the rear seat entertainment package.
Sorry will try harder next time :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
newportrover said:

I think it might be nearer $ 500 than $ 300 if you mean this part LR004806 ?
My dealer quoted me a cheaper price but it turned out to be the LR2 lead :naughty:

·
Registered
13 Posts
VMPP said:
If you're speaking about the official interface its a pretty straight forward job. Its all bolts and plugs. you just need to remove the wood trim and the dashboard side from the passenger side of the car. after that is all easy to do.

I think they sell it with instructions. On mine i asked for them to give me that (i think they keep that for themselves...).

if i can find it i will upload it or send it to you.

Also, make a search here on the forum about this issue, because the guys that supply them to LR also sell them independently for a fraction of the cost. I don't remember the site... nor am i the mood to do searches.... :lol:
sorry to hijack the post but I would love to see the instructions if you find them as I'm contemplating this myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
found them.....

it's a little book with a few pages.
If i'm patient I will scan it.
it'll take some time........... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts