RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at some brand new LR RRS supercharged. Is 58k+taxes etc a good price for 09 model with 50miles on it directly from the dealership?

thx.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow. 58+ for a RRSSC? I got my 09 RRS for $55k and it included the luxury package and cold weather package. Im not sure if the cold weather is an option, but thats what the guy said I was getting.

I had 17 miles on mine at delivery.

The only question is, if you are going to buy new, have you thought about getting one of the 2010 models. I think as far as power is concerned, the regular 2010 hp is close to the hp of the 2009 RRSSC. There are a ton of threads about the 2010. Check them out, and dont forget the pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about the '10 models, but with the upgrades in engine, power plant, interior the price is equally higher. The price of '10 RRS HSE is the same as '09 RRS SC (or similar)

How has your experience been so far with ur 09 RRS?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lovin every second of it. I have a little over 3k now. took a trip form KC to Denver last week, and will be making another one at the end of the month. I have pics of it on the "show your Rover thread on the last page.

Just a few things I noticed. READ YOUR MANUAL. I never realized that while in cruise control, that I could adjust my speed with one of the steering controls. Maybe this isnt new for those who have lux vehicles, but I have been rollin a jetta since 95. Do take it to an auto carwash. I did and it broke a few clips on one of my front pillars.

When it comes to parking in a parking lot...Be afraid, be very afraid. I can park my truck all by itself, and when I get out of the store, there are other lux vehicles parked next to it. No Joke.

My dealership has taken care of every one of my concerns or issues when it came to my truck. I hope you have an experience similar to mine.

Buy it and roll in style.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bibobu said:
I have thought about the '10 models, but with the upgrades in engine, power plant, interior the price is equally higher. The price of '10 RRS HSE is the same as '09 RRS SC (or similar)

How has your experience been so far with ur 09 RRS?

How are you sure about '10 model price?

You might want to wait it out(prob about 2 months), plus once the '10 come out the '09 will be even cheaper is my guess...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd imagine that upgrade to 3rd all-aluminium Jaguar AJ-V8, interior rehaul, cosmetic changes would add to the cost. '10 HSE competes with 09' supercharged, so LR RR marketing is most definitely going to extract consumers' cash. This is why the price will be higher - I could be wrong but no one knows the future.

I'm somewhat convinced that this price is good for the vehicle. Unless there is a good argument out there (very likely) that can refute this reasoning, I think this RRS SC is a deal.

The '09 RRS SC actual cost to LR cannot be less than 50k - this is close to 28% mark up on this brand. This is unlikely too, esp. since this brand mostly attracts luxury vehicle buyers and enthusiasts. LR sales (all models) in 07 was 108,000. Jeep (all models) sales in 2007 was approx 477000, a good 300k more. So Jeep probably has higher mark-up in their pricing than LR.

And (I agree) waiting is a virtue but this RRS SC looks so beautiful that I'm willing to take the risk in case the '10 comes out cheaper (due to crazy reduced component manufacturing costs!?)...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
They announced US prices for the 2010 Range Rover today. Less than 2% higher than the 2009s, not bad at all considering the huge engine improvements and all the new and better toys (unless they "masked" a more substantial increase by taking away equipment that used to be standard and making it optional...) We'll see if they follow suit with similar increases for RRS and LR4: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/dr ... ities.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
umbertob said:
They announced US prices for the 2010 Range Rover today. Less than 2% higher than the 2009s, not bad at all considering the huge engine improvements and all the new and better toys (unless they "masked" a more substantial increase by taking away equipment that used to be standard and making it optional...) We'll see if they follow suit with similar increases for RRS and LR4: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/dr ... ities.html

Let's just hope they do it quick.. I'm tired of waiting.lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think '10 RRSS can be discounted to invoice i.e. out the door at 72xxx (incl tax etc)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I definitely don't see invoice happening. I say it would be a good deal to get $1000 + Invoice. Most likely these things will go at MSRP at first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts