RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the oil light come on 100 yards from my house a week ago. Had a mild heart attack and checked oil level and topped up. It was low but above minimum level mark. I had it towed to the shop and they replaced the sensor. The light went out for the mechanic but was lit when I picked up the truck. We disconnected the sensor and started the truck and the light stayed on. Being that this is a simple switch to ground sensor the light should have extinguished as the circuit is broken. Saturday the light went out and stayed out until today. The engine drives and sounds awesome and the shop changed oil and filter when they had it.
I'm guessing a wire is rubbing a ground somewhere or am I on the wrong path here?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded the wiring diagrams last night, time to study. I also came across a TSB for the LR3 about a leak in the A-pillar shorting the fuse box behind the glove box causing an oil light, so I figured it's worth looking into considering the similarities of the vehicles. Time to dig in, winter is coming!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So today the oil light came on but this time I had my fog lights on and the fog light symbol on the dash went out when the oil light came on. Neither rear or front fog light symbols on the dash work when the oil light is on. When the oil light comes on I also get whatever messages I got on startup like "low washer fluid"
My trucks voltage while driving is 13.5 or 13.6. I thought it should be above 14?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts