Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

New owner of a 2009 RRS (white with Tan interior)...My trims are silver and I would like to replace them with the Piano Black.
the cost of the all the pieces from the UK to the USA will cost me a lot so I would like to know if anybody has tempted to paint the interior trims to Piano black thru a professional Paint shop.
Will the result be the same as the unit being sold online and ebay or will you see a difference?

Looking forward to read your replies.

Thanks
Samy

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,532 Posts
Another alternative, although not cheap, but excellent quality is to check with APSIS USA...they are very close to you on the East coast. Worth a look...

Painting it can be done and I'm sure a lot cheaper if you can find someone to sand, paint, seal and take their time...

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
There is nothing to it. Actually, having a paint shop do them, you'll end up with a nicer finish than what you get from LR.

We paint Corvette trim pieces all the time to match exterior colors (I.E. Velocity Yellow console pieces to match the car color).

We charge about 150 bucks to spray all the interior pieces in a Vette...I'm sure the Range Rover wouldn't be much more, if any.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Doesn't really matter where he is located as he is not a vendor and should not even be mentioning any "services" in the technical forums. :naughty:

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
Doesn't really matter where he is located as he is not a vendor and should not even be mentioning any "services" in the technical forums. :naughty:
I don't believe I offered any "services"...I simply told him what we charge to paint Corvette pieces.

I didn't offer to paint his, nor did I ask for his business. I gave him a ballpark figure that he might expect if he took the pieces to a paint shop..

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I don't believe I offered any "services"...I simply told him what we charge to paint Corvette pieces.

I didn't offer to paint his, nor did I ask for his business. I gave him a ballpark figure that he might expect if he took the pieces to a paint shop..
Plus you're in Asia, shipping costs alone will...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.