RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Now my parking brake won't release unless I put my foot on the brake? It tells me to do this on the dash board with a message! Any idea what might be wrong?

Any help appreciated.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
You say this like the e brake has been an going issue. Is there more to this that we should know?

The EPB is a long known issue, usually due to lack of use, the cables seize then the gears in the EPB actuator strip out. I would guess the EPB module is getting weak... although I can not imagine why applying the brake pedal would assist in it operation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi RRToadHall yes it is strange but the message centre tells me to put pressure on the foot brake to release the parking brake! This is why I am posting the question, I don't understand how this can help release it but it does!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry - I must be missing something here. Your description is normal for my car. If I have the EPB on I can drive through it and it will release automatically - however if I am parked and want to release the EPB manually I have to have my foot on the foot brake and if I dont the message comes up to put my foot on the brake - all normal.

So I am a bit confused to what your issue is - sorry if I sound a bit dumb.

Cheers

Garry

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Garry brings up a very important point. Does your automatic friction release work... also called "hill holder" by some folks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts