Range Rovers Forum banner

2009 Range Rover Sport SC Windshield washer's not working

12K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  rayodunne 
#1 ·
Front Windshield, Rear Windshield, Headlight Washer's not working. I have checked the fuse, at least I think I checked the right one No noise from the pumps at all. I have a hard time thinking all three pumps are bad (I think this model has three). Is there a relay or something else that could cause this problem? Just purchased the Range two weeks ago and happened to finally need to try them when I found they didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
So which fuse did you check? The fuse for the washer pumps is located behind the glove box. You have to remove everything in the glove box, open the box, then depress the guides on the side so the box swings all the way down to provide access to the fuse panel. Washer pump is fuse #11 (15 amp).

If you have already done this report back and I'll see if I can pull up a wiring diagram.

#4 ·
I just double checked Fuse #11 (15 AMP). It is good. I also checked a fuse under the hood that was labeled "heated washer fluid" and it was also good. The switch seems to be okay because when you push either to wash front or rear window, the wipers wipe three times. I am at a loss. Could it be a computer issue/bcm issue?

#6 ·
Hook up a voltmeter to the plug the pump and see if you get an input? Not sure how easy that tank is to get to--its behind the bumper cover on the driver side...I don't know if you can get to it thru the wheel well splash cover...last time a saw mine was when I had the bumper cover off.

#19 ·
There is no magic solution. You will have to look at the diagrams attached above and test for voltages at the fuse and pumps, etc. A multitude of things could cause this and you could have a leaky sunroof draining on your CJB for all we know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.