Range Rovers Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2011 RRS 3.0 TDV6 Dynamic HSE Lux Fuji White on Ebony & Ivory
357 Posts
How’s your project going, any updates?

My car is still sat at work waiting for a headlight lens to arrive. I have a replacement headlight sitting at the shop (damaged lens, but just need the internal trim and back housing). Will get that fixed and a new fog light to get it back on the road (have to get a collision inspection done to get the hold removed from the registration). I found a used bumper already in Fuji White and the ding in the hood is a small fix to deal with. I think I can get the small spot on the grill cleaned off, if not I’ll possibly do the grills in gloss black as well as the internal headlight trims. Then I can get back to my Brembo caliper refurb and install as well as replacing the oil cooler.

Work has been really slow due to the Ukraine nonsense, as such they’re behind on my pay which has been hindering getting my car fixed. Plus side is I’m driving one of my boss’s cars in the meantime.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How’s your project going, any updates?
What’s up man, yeah it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I’ve been working on the Range slowly but surely.

• Did Arnot air struts on all 4 corners. I found that my rear passenger strut was blown and could be compressed by hand, but the airbag still worked. It rides way better with the new struts.
  • 20mm spacers on all 4 corners, had a meaty stance now
  • LED bulbs in the headlights and tail lights
  • LED bulbs in the interior, way brighter. You were on to something here
  • Light paint correction. Looks way better but could use a touch up in some spots, but looks way better
  • Factory grill painted gloss black

Next steps:
  • I bought Halos for the headlights, I’m going to crack those open and install them in the next few days
  • valve blocks need a refresh
  • Android head unit

In the next month or two I’d like to focus on power. The engine is strong but needs a little more go. I’ve been looking at bolt ons. I’ve almost sorted out a plan. I’m still on the fence with what I’m going to do tho. There’s not a lot of info out there for the AJV8 in NA form. Honestly most of the info out there is “sell it and get something faster” but I find it hard to believe that there isn’t room on the table for more power.

I’ll get some pictures up soon.

Anyway, you getting yours back together? How have you liked the diesel? I assume is has more torque down low in a useable rev range. It’ll be nice to see it buttoned back up. Once it’s back on the road… tune it

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport S/C
54 Posts
Which spacers did you go with?

What’s up man, yeah it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I’ve been working on the Range slowly but surely.

• Did Arnot air struts on all 4 corners. I found that my rear passenger strut was blown and could be compressed by hand, but the airbag still worked. It rides way better with the new struts.
  • 20mm spacers on all 4 corners, had a meaty stance now
  • LED bulbs in the headlights and tail lights
  • LED bulbs in the interior, way brighter. You were on to something here
  • Light paint correction. Looks way better but could use a touch up in some spots, but looks way better
  • Factory grill painted gloss black

Next steps:
  • I bought Halos for the headlights, I’m going to crack those open and install them in the next few days
  • valve blocks need a refresh
  • Android head unit

In the next month or two I’d like to focus on power. The engine is strong but needs a little more go. I’ve been looking at bolt ons. I’ve almost sorted out a plan. I’m still on the fence with what I’m going to do tho. There’s not a lot of info out there for the AJV8 in NA form. Honestly most of the info out there is “sell it and get something faster” but I find it hard to believe that there isn’t room on the table for more power.

I’ll get some pictures up soon.

Anyway, you getting yours back together? How have you liked the diesel? I assume is has more torque down low in a useable rev range. It’ll be nice to see it buttoned back up. Once it’s back on the road… tune it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
357 Posts
Getting the headlights apart is a nightmare. They went crazy with sealant on mine, will need a new housing now. I’ll probably get it together next week for the inspection then deal with it all correctly. Going to get some Valeo fog lights out of a Citroen for cheap. Same setup as the stock halogens, but LED. Nice little upgrade.

The 3.0 TDV6 isn’t bad, despite the crankshaft scare. It’s no petrol V8 engine with gobs of HP, but it’s a great cruiser. The max torque is 442 ft-lbs at 2000 RPM.

LED lights are nice, did you wire up the rear “load space” lights? That’s a huge difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah a heat gun and patience will do it. Luckily it's nice out and I can drive the other car if the Range is down for a few days. Those Valeo fogs sound pretty nice, it'll be a good upgrade.

I've changed almost everything to LEDs. The interior is super bright! Definitely a big change and the bulbs were pretty cheap on Amazon.

That TDV6 is a torque monster! Man, I wish I had that kind of torque down low. The 4.4L V8 is fine, it moves and it has some top end, but it seems like it's sluggish in the 1000 - 3500 rpm range. It could be that my frame of reference is biased by new cars with 8 speed transmissions and small turbos. Either way, it's time to tackle that... or try to.

Thoughts on it:
Realistic Set Up - Mild bolt ons:
  • Intake (a company called Mina makes them for the Jag guys)
  • Exhaust (have an exhaust shop do a 3 inch cat back with resonators/mufflers)
  • Exhaust manifolds (looks like the Jag and Aston Martin manifolds bolt up. They should flow better and net some gains)
  • Intake Manifold - (the Aston Martin manifold is not a direct bolt on, but might fit with some modifications. There are some threads floating around on the Jag forums of guys trying to make it fit, but giving up. I'm sure there are gains to be had here, but at what cost)
  • Tune (Eurocharged does a tune for the 4.4L)

Less Realistic Set Up - Supercharger Swap:
There are about a million threads on this in the Jag forums, Lincoln LS forums, and even here. I think there was one guy who did it successfully, about 10-15 years ago, and I'm pretty sure he did a fairly custom set up.
Anyway, my thoughts... stock parts are cheap on ebay. Superchargers, intercoolers, throttle bodies, etc. Jag 4.2 and Range Rover 4.2 stuff is common.

It wouldn't be that big of a stretch to bolt all of the parts on. I would probably need a custom set up for the water to air intercoolers, but that's just an aux pump and a reservoir. The rest should be plug and play.

I'd have to find somewhere to tune it. That's where the my knowledge ends really..

The last option would be to... sell it haha

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport S/C
54 Posts
Your door-handles... did you upgrade/mod those? They don't appear to be the standard dark-grey finish of a 2009. They look more 2010+ possibly?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That was another Amazon buy. Took 4 weeks to get to me, but it worked well. I guess there are two different set ups for the door handles - one for 06 and one for 07-09... something like that.

Anyway, here's the link on the door handles:

Mine have "Land Rover" written on all of them

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looking good. Got mine pieced together for inspection. Need to get a few parts, but will get it done.

These are the new fog lights:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Headlamp Rim Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

The adjuster is more forward than stock, but a little trimming in the bumper and they went right in.

Edit: Passed inspection yesterday, it’s back on the road again.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts