Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 RRS 3.0 TDV6 Dynamic HSE Lux Fuji White on Ebony & Ivory
448 Posts
Does yours have Dynamic Response sway bars?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks pretty good. If you’re open to suggestions, when you do the black grill/side vents, take apart the headlights and spray the internal grey trim black as well. Looks 100x cleaner on the front.

I will also suggest passing on the CAI. These cars already have better systems. The right side fender vent is the intake going into a large airbox that feeds direct into the engine. Put a good Mahle air filter in it and enjoy. Any oil type air filter will just wreak havoc on the MAF sensor and end up costing you more money in the end. Getting it tuned is smart since it’ll smooth it out and give it a little more power, but it’s still NA, not turbo or SC. Maybe put the CAI money into removing the two rear resonators in the exhaust system instead.

You can see what I mean about the headlights, it’s a 2010 Bournville with gloss black grill/vents/handles and badges, but the grey headlights just look out of place. I almost bought this one, but passed for a few reasons.

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car

·
Registered
448 Posts
Bourneville is an interesting color. During the day it has a dark chocolate brown appearance and at night it’s nearly black. I think they look okay blacked out, but it’s kind of an all or nothing deal.

I’m not sure I’d go after the primary silencer, it’ll definitely be louder and likely drone inside the vehicle. Removing the rear resonators will give a little more growl without turning too obnoxious.

I bought a stock 2011 RRS 3.0 TDV6 Dynamic HSE Luxury in Fuji White with ebony leather and ivory contrast stitching. Only thing done to it was somebody painted the stock calipers red, installed larger 275/45R20 tires and added the trailer hitch and electrical for it. It doesn’t have your 4.4’s horsepower, but it makes up for it with lots of torque and 25mpg average fuel mileage. So far all I have done is wire up the rear “load space” lights to work with the doors and front center light button, installed a cooler box in place of the cubby box, replaced the front cigar lighter with a dual port USB-A/USB-C charger/volt meter and made the front power outlet always on. Oh, I put in some crappy LED interior bulbs which are dying one by one already, but they were free and I wanted to see how I liked LED lights. I have some four pot Brembo calipers I’m currently refurbing and will paint red which I’ll get installed in the near future. Funnily enough they’re off a 2007 US RRS 4.4 somebody imported to Europe and ended up getting abandoned at our shop since the owner didn’t want to pay to fix it. Got my cooler box out of it, too. I like the red calipers, adds a small splash of color to an otherwise monochromatic vehicle.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks, I’m definitely enjoying it.

The torque of the 3.0 TDV6 isn’t too far off from the 5.0SC, I think it’s like 30 ft-lbs less at 442 ft-lbs of torque. Horsepower isn’t bad at 241, more than my 2000 P38 Range Rover 4.0 V8 had. The variable vane primary turbo has virtually no lag and the sequential secondary turbo kicks in around 2700RPM to help send it down the road. Can’t complain about the mileage either.

Sounds like you’ll have a productive weekend. If you haven’t, I definitely recommend wiring the rear interior lights. It’s a night and day difference and not too hard to do. It’s one of those things where you get done and you’re like, “Why wasn’t it like that from the factory?” I think I spent a few hours doing it, but I wasn’t rushing.

Finished
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Head restraint Vehicle

Testing after wiring, before putting it back together
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nice Maserati, I spotted it in your previous pics.

The tint goes well. One piece at a time, I think it’s going to look good when you get it where you want it.

I gave mine a little wash yesterday, it was getting bad. Too cold and windy to really scrub it, so it was a coin wash pressure wash only job. Still got a good 85%+ of the dirt off it. Made sure to put it in off road height to hit the fender wells and suspension good to get the road grime off.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The grills are definitely an improvement.

One thing that kind of bugs me on mine is the plastic skirting all around and grey door handles. I’m on the fence with getting the body skirts and door handles color matched to the body and getting the pillars wrapped in gloss black. I just feel like it kind of cheapens it with the bare black/grey plastic. Just not sure if color matched is the way to go or if they should be gloss black.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Man, you have no idea at my level of pissitity right now. I got hit by a **** tram. Ran across the front of the car, damaged the bumper, hood, grille and left headlight. Hoping insurance covers it, need to see what they say. Trams always have right of way, period. I was just over the line and rather than stop the tram just hit my car. On top of the Putin invaded Ukraine which is right next door. Not the time to have my vehicle down. If insurance covers everything, I’ll probably have the body shop spray the handles on mine.

I thought that there was a 2010-2013 style grill for the 2005-2009. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Insurance is a no go. Bright side, I work at an independent Land Rover shop and we have connections all over.

How goes things with your RRS?

·
Registered
448 Posts
How’s your project going, any updates?

My car is still sat at work waiting for a headlight lens to arrive. I have a replacement headlight sitting at the shop (damaged lens, but just need the internal trim and back housing). Will get that fixed and a new fog light to get it back on the road (have to get a collision inspection done to get the hold removed from the registration). I found a used bumper already in Fuji White and the ding in the hood is a small fix to deal with. I think I can get the small spot on the grill cleaned off, if not I’ll possibly do the grills in gloss black as well as the internal headlight trims. Then I can get back to my Brembo caliper refurb and install as well as replacing the oil cooler.

Work has been really slow due to the Ukraine nonsense, as such they’re behind on my pay which has been hindering getting my car fixed. Plus side is I’m driving one of my boss’s cars in the meantime.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Getting the headlights apart is a nightmare. They went crazy with sealant on mine, will need a new housing now. I’ll probably get it together next week for the inspection then deal with it all correctly. Going to get some Valeo fog lights out of a Citroen for cheap. Same setup as the stock halogens, but LED. Nice little upgrade.

The 3.0 TDV6 isn’t bad, despite the crankshaft scare. It’s no petrol V8 engine with gobs of HP, but it’s a great cruiser. The max torque is 442 ft-lbs at 2000 RPM.

LED lights are nice, did you wire up the rear “load space” lights? That’s a huge difference.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looking good. Got mine pieced together for inspection. Need to get a few parts, but will get it done.

These are the new fog lights:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Headlamp Rim Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

The adjuster is more forward than stock, but a little trimming in the bumper and they went right in.

Edit: Passed inspection yesterday, it’s back on the road again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sale on Osram W5W 6000k LED lights, picked up eight 2-packs to replace all the W5W bulbs in the car (again). These are the way to go, even light, correct color, well made. I was already losing LED’s on the second set of cheap Chinese LED lights. Need resistors for the bulbs in the bottoms of the front doors. The Chinese LED’s work, but the Osrams don’t have enough resistance to trigger them to come on. I’ll order the correct Osram resistors for them next week and get them in.

A guy does a pretty good test/review of various W5W LED bulbs, here’s a link if you’re interested:
The sale plus this video is what pushed me to buy them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looking really good. I need to get back to my Brembo caliper project. Might get them painted this weekend.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Going with bright red and black Brembo logos. When I bought it somebody had already sprayed the stock calipers red and I like the little splash of color it adds to an otherwise monochromatic appearance. I don’t think I’ll notice any real benefits from the Brembos, just like the huge appearance of them behind the wheels.

Sounds like you need to find the right setup for you. Mine has the dynamic drive mode where it kicks the dynamic response sway bars and adaptive dynamic struts up a notch allowing it to eat up corners on the road. The dynamic response sway bars disconnect when in off road height and the adaptive dynamic struts soften up making it good for bouncing through the rougher terrain. For me my car had 95% of what I was looking for and the other 5% isn’t missed. The 3.0TDV6 isn’t a screaming engine, but it’s a great highway/freeway cruiser due to the MPG. Off the line it launches great due to the low down torque, but then the fact it only has 245HP catches up with it quick.

Maybe look for a 2010 5.0SC? They’re very different to the 2005-2009 models, especially if they have dynamic drive mode.

Edit: Case in point, today drove out to a few lakes, first two were through roundabouts and some good curves, car blasted through it all easily. Last lake was through the forest on narrow, rutted and chewed up twin track dirt roads. Put it in off road height and cruised along easily, even used HDC for a section.

Not saying a 2010+ RRS is the answer for you, but worth trying out. I drove a few 2005-2009’s, then drove a 2010. After that I only looked at 2010+. The interior is a good improvement, the engines are good improvements (despite their issues) and the suspension is a good improvement, especially with dynamic drive mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts