RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 1, Mosquito Pass (Driver's Instruction). Enjoy.

Look who joined us.

"THE GUYS" showing us how to do things.

You'll have to ask PJ what was going on here as I was changing a diaper.

Oh, hey, there he is.

My brave FiL in his CJ7. (PJ, that's "city jeep", right?) :lol:

Following Bill was fun, he was messing with me on lines and such.

Yup, snow.

Moving on.

Beefed up LR3.

Thin air.

Back through the meadow.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Cool pics, looks like a good time. Did anyone's truck crap out at the pass? I seem to remember adams truck choking out at 14K feet.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
3E, thanks for the great pics and updates! Snow?...yahoo! Living vicariously through you since its 90 degrees and 120% humidity here. If I am ever fortunate enough to get out west to do some offroading, I'm gonna bring my skis. Looks like a couple of skiable patches up there. :thumb:

TripleE said:
You'll have to ask PJ what was going on here as I was changing a diaper.
I was wondering where you all go to the bathroom with the lack of bushage up there. Interesting to see you are going "astronaut style" with the diaper. :D

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drevs said:
Cool pics, looks like a good time. Did anyone's truck crap out at the pass? I seem to remember adams truck choking out at 14K feet.
Nope, I wondered if anyone would have problems, not even a hiccup in the Sport. Poor guy who just bought a D90 had the fan clutch go out at the start. :cry:

gooseyloosey said:
I was wondering where you all go to the bathroom with the lack of bushage up there. Interesting to see you are going "astronaut style" with the diaper. :D
Everyone was drinking extra water because of the possible alititude sickness; even women were using the "open the truck door" technique for coverage. They must have not been wearing my size 32 Pampers.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Day 2, Birdseye Gulch (morning run). Enjoy.

23 something rigs?

Tight trail.

Mowing over boulders.

The mud pit.

Nope.

Lunch?

Thanks for cleaning my wheels son.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 2, Chalk Creek (afternoon run). Enjoy.

The 4 of us decided to take a little breather and go on our own scenic trail.

Up near the top.

Playing king of the hill?

So much for the breather; going back tomorrow to fix this.

D

·
0 Posts
TripleE,
Thanks for sharing the photos! I appears to have been great weather for ya and the trip looks great. I am so sad that I did not make it out there for this one. Did it appear as if there were more Sports than full size rovers?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
darrinturner said:
TripleE,
Thanks for sharing the photos! I appears to have been great weather for ya and the trip looks great. I am so sad that I did not make it out there for this one. Did it appear as if there were more Sports than full size rovers?
Welcome! It rains every day on and off, making some of the rocky climbs more interesting! I've only seen one FF, compared to the three Sports I think are here.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
Jacked up and ready to put the rear connecting rod on.
Land Rover gloves?...nice.

Again thanks for the pics, 3E.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Nice pics TripleE...was great to meet you and the family there!

Tons of pics to go thru with all of the photographers in our group, think I've got some really good ones of you crossing the water as well and on Mosquito Pass as well as some other interesting pics of the other vehicles there.

Good to see that our 3 RRS's performed well with no issues - 3500 miles in total with tons of trails, and nary a hiccup along the way.

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was awesome to meet you and your friends PJ. Hopefully you'll all make it to Moab next year. They'll have a lot more fun there with the 20s! Let's see those pics!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Day 4, Mount Princeton (Morning run). Enjoy.

Another one of these types of trails.

Day 4, Pomeroy Lake (Afternoon run). Enjoy.

The view.

Careful footing.

Our RHD trail leader.

And his hand made shovel.

Truth.

Getting close to the top.

All aboard!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts