RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It's time for new pads on my 2008 Supercharged. I'd really like to go with the Akebono Euro pads as I've heard from many sources that they're super low dust/noise, but I can't get a straight answer as to whether or not they make pads for the Brembo supercharged calipers. Some have said only available for HSE, some have said for supercharged only the rears, some say they're available for all around.

Can anyone please provide a definitive answer and also, if they do exist, where is the preferred place to order them from? I can't find them locally in Chicago and imagine I have to order online.

Thanks so much for any help or advice you can provide.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
40 Posts
I put a front set on my mothers HSE and was not impressed whatsoever. The stopping power was poor.

I have have a full size supercharged myself and bought brembo discs and Ferodo pads. Ferodo I believe is the original pads with RR logo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!

Are the Ferodo pads you used ceramic/low dust? I'm willing to accept a little bit poorer stopping power in exchange for less dust. The amount of dust the front pads put out is just unacceptable. Literally within one day of the truck being washed the front wheels are covered in dust again. There's still plenty of meat on the pads now but I have to change them to something that requires less cosmetic maintenance. Thank you.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you want some *better than OEM* pads, look at EBC or Hawk. I run the EBC yellows front and back, no comparison to OEM pads, I probably stop in half the distance.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am pretty sure akenbono does not make pads for the brembo front brakes. I looked when i replaced the pads on my 08, I went with hawk performance ceramic, and i haft to say the stopping power was reduced a noticeable amount. The wheels stay squeaky clean though. So if you want clean wheels ceramic if you want stopping power oem or an aftermarket high performance pad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts