Range Rovers Forum banner

2008 Sport- Should I buy

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  lakbum 
#1 ·
I have the chance to buy a 2008 RR sport from a family friend who works in the leasing dept for a bank. He takes cars coming off of leases to the auction, but could give us a really good deal if we are interested. I have always loved the RR Sport, but have always been a little weary bc of the reliability reviews.

What can I expect ($ wise) for buying this vehicle, and is this a really good deal?

Black- Good Condition Report
2008 LANDROVER RANGEROVER SPORT
30,644 MILES, 8CYL,, A/T, S/R, 4X4, HSE
$35,800.00

Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Oil changes- how often, how much
Is the reliabilty really that bad? Do the pro's outweigh the cons?

I hope to get out and test drive one tomorrow.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Donk.

Go for it, my experiences are the MY2007 & MY2008 model RRS's are the most reliable versions around ! Would you prefer to buy a Ford or an Indian Tata mate ?

Your new ride will require oil changes every 8000 miles from recollection and give us some details on the interior if it's the Tan hide I just love that colour combo.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

#5 ·
In my opinion if this vehicle in a very good condition as you said that is way below kelly book price ,
I bought my HSE 08 1 month ago for 45000 ,I have entertainment package though .

#16 ·
Had absolutely no problems with it. I would say it was more reliable than my previous Infiniti.

It's the summer...had a moment of weakness and I got tired of driving in my new extended commute into the city. Plus, I really wanted a Harley and I didn't feel justified to have both. I'd definitely recommend one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.