RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I was about to head up to Whistler from Vancouver with my wife and about 45 minutes into our drive, I was going about 70mph up a long hill and there appeared to be a loss of power, speed going down but accelerator still applied. It got so bad I had to pull off at the next exit. I pulled out again, and tried manual/sport mode and this made a big difference but another ten minutes of this and even in M/S mode the issue returned. I then got a "coolant low" warning and my engine light came on. Pulled off as the next exit and let it sit for 45 minutes only to see my coolant levels were fine. I fired her back up and the engine light was off, no warnings, and she ran fine but I drove home anyway and let her sit over the weekend while we took my wife's car instead. On the last leg of the drive home I noticed that the shift points were delayed, as if the tranny was straining to get from one gear to the next and this started right before I got home. Today, I fired her up again and she ran like a top. No issues whatsoever.

I took her in to the dealer and they're looking at it now but I was hoping anyone here may have had a similar issue(s) sometime. Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 2008 RRS is trouble free, 90k+ miles. BUT, I do have it serviced at the dealer according to owner's manual. Transfer case oil, gear oil, etc. Have you done this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2008 RRS is trouble free, 90k+ miles. BUT, I do have it serviced at the dealer according to owner's manual. Transfer case oil, gear oil, etc. Have you done this?
Yes, I have. I've only had it for a year but all scheduled service records were in a nice folder when I bought it at 68K miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I "Had" an 08 RRSC....
Fun car but some big issues...
Suspension bushings - rear diff failure - trans failing - engine rough idle

Only thing left to resolve was rough idle
Injectors - plugs - wires probably, just traded off and moved on.

Trans no errors but stopping would jerk the car forward after stopping... Sometimes a lite bump - other times a rough lurch... Took over a year to get resolved by warranty... Got to the point I hated driving my favorite car..

Beyond that the other problems are par for ownership beyond 60/80k.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. Got the P2601 code and the auxiliary/supercharger waterpump is being replaced. I told them to double check the wiring as well but even if the wiring is backward, as reported in a recall, my vehicle isn't covered since the recall was for the 2007 models. The good news is that there was no true issue with having low coolant:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts