RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Here is the latest issue/concern that my wife has brought up to me. When she is coming to a stop, the braking is smooth, but once stopped - the car will shake/vibrate. I tried to recreate what she was describing and sure enough, all is good until stopped. It definitely sounds like something is kicking on and causing the vibration. Does anyone else experience this?

The lower control arm bushings have been changed to polyurethane and the brakes are in good condition.

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could be range of different things. Could be a bad motor mount, transmission mount, torque converter shudder, misfire, crank pulley, etc... Best get it looked at by a technician.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had recently similar problem with my new old RRS 2006, 180.000km, a kind of knock when come to stop. I thought it was a play in the joints, but after a while I got some noises also during cruising, like stones picked by the wheels. To make the story short, it developed fast so I had to stop on the motorway and call the assistance, have it on the platform to the garage. It turns out that the front right wheel bearing was the culprit. The mechanic said never come across such noise for a wheel bearing. Replaced both left right, no more kicking on stop and definitely less noise while driving. Hope it helps. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts