RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Let me preface this with having complied with the bulletin for compressor dryer, delivery valve, and relay change (although I haven't had the software updated...nearest stealer is over 100 miles away), and even rebuilt the rest of the compressor . I am still getting the normal height only fault after about 20 seconds post start up. I have added a schrader valve to the compressor tank and juiced it up from shop air to 140 psi, and the car is still commanding the compressor to come on, to no avail. Any ideas? No appreciable leaks on any corner. I know the pressure relief isn't venting.

I'm thinking its the pressure sensor that is not receiving enough rise in pressure over time, but I'm not sure where it is. What is it's electrical range?

Call me a cheapskate, but I am not willing to drop it off with the dealer and have them start with the generic $100 diagnosis, only to be told to buy all parts of the air suspension new. I would just as soon drive the vehicle at normal height for the rest of its days.

Sorry if this has been discussed before...I read through about 20 other threads, and I found no on that matched my problems.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
It could be anything from a duff sensor to a leaking strut. You say "no appreciable leaks"... have you actually checked for leaks? What was actually "rebuilt" with the compressor?

If you are unwilling to have the codes pulled you are not going to last as a Range Rover owner. Either have it checked or purchase your own equipment. There really is no other choice as you will have to clear any faults in order to return operation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have checked for leaks. It goes down about a 1/4" in the rear over night, with the fuse pulled.
All of the soft goods of the compressor were changed and pressure tested.
It's been a good vehicle, and I've owned it for 7 years...my third one. It's just difficult to move a vehicle (that runs fine) that far to drop it off, to pay a ridiculous price to change more than what needs to be changed.
I will take you at your work and get a code reader. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
THere's an entire section below for diagnostic equipment as well as numerous existing threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts