Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that Land Rover is going to be offering 250 Limited Edition RRS S/Cs. They will have the HST front and rear bumpers (but not the HST grilles), premium brown leather interior, 20" stormers, RSE and ACC are required....

Should be around $82k or so because of the required options.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very possibly true- hasn't been a Spec. Edition for our market since the intro and now it's two years later so..........

But...........Brown leather? I've seen the pics from the Geneva show and I was not a fan.

Can't understand why they don't offer Black leather for such a sporty vehicle.....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sheesh! I was just at the dealer and saw a Special Edition 20th Anniversary Range Rover. It was nice! Had some kind of black wood with two-toned leather. Price tag: $145K. I quickly stepped away from the vehicle! :D

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Lets see how this comes out when I C&P it.

Vehicle specifications and price subject to change.
MARKETING
BULLETIN
Subject: 2008 Limited Edition Product Summary – Range Rover Sport
We are pleased to announce 2008MY Range Rover Sport Limited Edition specifications. This bulletin
outlines the product details including pricing.
2008MY Range Rover Sport Limited Edition Program Summary
Summary of unique product features for the Limited Edition :
• 250 Supercharged Units built
• Luxury Interior Package:
o Premium Tan Leather
o Cold Climate Package
o Adaptive Front-Lighting System
o Center Console Cooler Box
o Hand Polished, Lined Oak Trim
• Flush-fitting Front & Rear Bumpers
• Extended Rear Roof Spoiler
• Body-Colored Lower Side Panels
• Unique Rear Exhaust Treatment
• Carpet Mats
• Tread Strips
• 20" Stormer Wheels
Required Options:
• Rear Seat Entertainment
• Adaptive Cruise Control

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I don't know if the dark Tan leather is coming or not. The picture they gave me shows the real dark tan leather but then says that and I quote, "see notes, bellow accurate photo not available at time of bulletin."

2008 Model Year Pricin ...................... MSRP
V8 Supercharged .............................$71,950

OPTIONS MSRP Invoice
Limited Edition LE................................ $5,000
Includes Luxury Interior Package with Premium Tan
Leather; Hand Polished, Lined Oak Trim;
Flush-fitting Front & Rear Bumpers
Extended Rear Roof Spoiler
Body-Colored Lower Side Panels
Unique Rear Exhaust Treatment
Carpet Mats and Tread Strips
20" Stormer Wheel

Rear Seat Entertainment RSE....................... $2,500
Includes wired headphones (2) and remote
Adaptive Cruise Control ADC ............................$2,000

So it looks like the total will be around. $81,450 so yeah I bet $82,000 when it is all said and done.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Well, it is a limited edition... I actually expected it would be more dough, especially after seeing the price of the 20th anniversary FFRR (of course, they are making a lot less of those.) And I kinda like the tan leather, it reminds me of a Ferrari. :D But I never liked the HST appendages and exhaust, if that's what this special edition is fitted with.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
umbertob said:
Well, it is a limited edition... I actually expected it would be more dough, especially after seeing the price of the 20th anniversary FFRR (of course, they are making a lot less of those.) And I kinda like the tan leather, it reminds me of a Ferrari. :D But I never liked the HST appendages and exhaust, if that's what this special edition is fitted with.
Nah I have pictures and it doesn't look like the HST.

Not sure I can post them though give me a couple of days.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why would someone want that mix of HSE & S/C the brown leather with black looks bad in my opinion.
I think the regular S/C for $7k cheaper is better, I think they will have a hard time selling 250 of those !

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
trevor2k said:
Hey British-
Take another look at the HST bumpers, and then the bulletin. It IS the HST bumpers.
Yeah it is the HST bumpers but it doesn't really look like the HST.

I mean the HST was hideous and this looks OK in the low resolution shots.

Have to wait till they give us better pictures to be sure.

·
Registered
487 Posts
How "special"... :shock:
Wait, if I close one eye, and look at it in low resolution, and squint the other eye ... nope, still don't like it. :roll:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here's a shot of it on an HST. Don't know if you have to buy the whole HST kit to get this or not though. You could probably find it on ebay.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You could not buy the extended roof spoiler on its own in the past, only as part of the HST body kit (which was never really available in North America anyway, except through "gray market" importers such as Roveractive.) Now that it is going to be part of a limited edition Sport here in the US, who knows. Maybe. Personally, I think it looks OK from some angles, tacked-on from others. The stock spoiler looks classy from every angle. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts