RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IID Tool is showing there are update available for my Transmission and Transfer Case. Does anyone know how I can find out what issues those updates address? I’m still learning the IID Tool and have only done CCF changes and tight tolerance mode for a wheel alignment. So far I love this tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes! Very great diagnostic tool. Can't remember what software issues these updates addressed but had to do this
transmission update for my 2006 rrs/sc.
They (GAP-Diag-Team) doesn't recommend software updating unless you're experiencing faults/problems with current software.
However you can always email them -GapTeam- [email protected] and ask them yourself.
Best Customer Service out there or that I've experienced! 5 Stars

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did email them. They advised against updating unless there is an issue with the car. I asked them if they knew where I could get the info on what issues the updates addressed but they didn't say. So my question still is, what issues do these updates resolve?

My Transmission does suffer the occasional clunk when doing a rolling stop and then accelerating.
I'm sure there is a Land Rover Service Bulletin or Advisory describing the various updates as they were introduced. I'd love to see those.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It was exactly this clunk/pause issue that I was trying to rectify which led me to this software update. I reset the transmission adaption values and all hell broke loose. Shifting became extremely chaotic. Next - I switched out the transmission pan/filter and new 5 liters of Lifeguard fluid. It was better but still not smooth/correct. Finally upgraded (purchased via GapDiag) the software to the newest /latest version (dealer could only do this back before Gap) And that fixed this problem. It took awhile had to relearn maps - but glad that it worked. So don't reset the trans-adapt-values. You can try resetting the transfer case - that should fix this pause/jerk when starting from a stop.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I kinda struggle to understand the "do not update" policy - on my BMW (using the same 6HP transmission) updating all the ECUs to newest available software revision is a mandatory operation while at the dealers... Why exactly would updating the RR be different?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts