RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 RR SC, Looking to lower about 1.5". Any suggestions?

I just put some wheels on and the wheel well gap looks a little to open, just trying to close it up a bit? How do I do this?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: 2008 RR SC, Looking to lower about 1.5". Any suggestions?

Don't do it, your teeth will thank you... :D If you need to "fill" a wheel arch, get a bigger profile tire instead. If you are hellbent on lowering the suspensions anyway, there are electronic hacks (some independent LR shops equipped with diagnostics software can electronically modify suspension height by feeding the EAS module false calibration numbers) as well as mechanical modifications - shortened suspension rods, run a search on the forum - that will get you there. Some aftermarket companies may even sell electronic lowering modules - I know they do for the RRS, not sure about the RR - but they are expensive. Of course, you can kiss whatever factory warranty you may have left on the car goodbye, should something happen to your suspension or to anything else that your dealer can blame the lowered suspensions for.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts

Remove the Air Suspension, and replace with spring, and some very good (expensive) shocks... If you have an early Mk3, you might even look to the Father Land Company (BMW) and see if X5 si springs, and shock to get your ride hight down, and keep some ride, and handling...

Mark.

·
Registered
952 Posts

My advice...don't go there. You're going to jack up the suspension geometry of a very carefully engineered system. And jack up your resale also.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Just lock the suspension in access mode. This can be accomplished by lowering the vehicle until it goes down all the way and then opening the driver's door and driving off. An open door will not allow the suspension to move. Of course you will look sort of stupid drving around with your door open but a man driving around with a lowered Range looks a bit stupid anyway so I don't think anyone will notice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

CombatNinja said:
Just lock the suspension in access mode. This can be accomplished by lowering the vehicle until it goes down all the way and then opening the driver's door and driving off. An open door will not allow the suspension to move. Of course you will look sort of stupid drving around with your door open but a man driving around with a lowered Range looks a bit stupid anyway so I don't think anyone will notice.

GEE, Thanks CombatNinja! Your information is knowledgeable. You should start charging for your info!

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your two cents!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts

BendoverRover;
You can have the system recalibrated without much trouble. The process is fairly straight forward, but I would have to side with the other members, it could have unexpected results. Ueven tire wear and ruined ride are a few things to expect.

And by the way, combatninja has a good point. If you can fool the vehicle into thinking that one of the doors is open, then the suspension will not self adjust. This may be helpful for at least getting a good idea of the ride quality and tire spacing at lower vehicle settings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts