Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction , and save me a trip to the dealer on this.
For the past Month or two the Alarm has just gone off spontaneously for no reason at all.
Strangely , it seems to be almost always at the same time ... 11.45am.
Just one click of the remote , and its off and fine. However its starting to really piss people off , including
myself , and could get ugly if I was out of town.

Firstly , is there any way to "repair" this situation ? And secondly , is there anyway to PERMENANTLY disable
the alarm siren ?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated ! ( By my neighbors as well !! )

Cheers

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover MkIV/L405 TDV6
23 Posts
Sounds like the hood sensor to me. Had the same thing and replaced my hood sensor on an 05HSE and an 08 HSE. Never had the problem after that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response ! Where exactly is the hood sensor located ? Is the part easily available ? Is it something a rookie can change , or should I take it to my local independent mechanic ?

Sounds like the hood sensor to me. Had the same thing and replaced my hood sensor on an 05HSE and an 08 HSE. Never had the problem after that.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover MkIV/L405 TDV6
23 Posts
On my LH Drive 08 HSE it is on the drivers side under the hood about 3/4 up by the windshield. You can easily replace it on your own. Just do a youtube search on it and it will show you where it is, how to pop it out and pop it right back in. Ive done it on two of the HSEs that I have owned and by no means am I mechanically inclined. Its a cheap part and easy to find. Should solve your issue though. (and your neighbors). Let us know!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You VERY much !! Will look at it in the morning. Cheers

On my LH Drive 08 HSE it is on the drivers side under the hood about 3/4 up by the windshield. You can easily replace it on your own. Just do a youtube search on it and it will show you where it is, how to pop it out and pop it right back in. Ive done it on two of the HSEs that I have owned and by no means am I mechanically inclined. Its a cheap part and easy to find. Should solve your issue though. (and your neighbors). Let us know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.