RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into what I would need to upgrade my rear seats to the options that were available on the 2012 models, namely the power recline and power movement back and forth. I came across the power recline motors on eBay which got me wondering. I also see the rear door panels have the seat controls. I was wondering what other parts may be needed to convert.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone maybe have a 2010 to 2012 with this option that can take some pictures of the setup in their vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
..why?

I had the seats in my 2011, you couldn't move the rear seats back and forth, only the front passenger seat. The tilting is mediocre at best, I don't personally think I'd spend the $1000 it'll take to convert it for 10* of angle.

Sit in a truck with this option and you'll see what I mean. Unless you have the same people in back there going on a 8 hour trip every day, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. Just curious what parts are different. I am looking at this for long trips for my back seat passengers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
616 Posts
Funny how humans, both two legged and four legged, have been riding cross country in mediocre seats for a century and now we can’t live without recliners for the backseat passengers.
Try riding in a Discovery1 for hours or worse yet a Defender.
Those seats in in your 08 won’t seem so bad after all.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
Thanks for the response. Just curious what parts are different. I am looking at this for long trips for my back seat passengers
You're not crazy, I looked into doing the same on my 2011 FFRR HSE. It looks like you would need:

-New Rear Door Cards setup for the slide/tilt controls.
-New Rear Seats.
-The Recline Motors you already mentioned.
-New Rear Seat Control Module for recline option?
-Not sure about the existing rear seats wiring harness, and if it is/is not usable with the reclining option?

I have been stalking eBay, and other sites for over a year and have had no luck finding these seats. I figured I would need to purchase a new set of seats from eBay, LKQ, etc in order to match everything. I was also hoping I might stumble across a wrecked 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition with the rear stadium reclining heated/cooled seats as well as the bubbly refrigerator with flutes; fat chance of that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Back seats in a Defender? What about the front one? I drove an army Defender and the front seats were just pads on the fuel tanks!

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Note that the rear cargo area has a "guide" metal bracket so you'd need a new cargo area carpet and whatever bracket is behind it.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
616 Posts
Back seats in a Defender? What about the front one? I drove an army Defender and the front seats were just pads on the fuel tanks!
Any seat in a Defender. Or an old Series 1, 2, or 3 for that matter.
I’ve been in a 1974 Series. What rough beast.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, I just converted my rear seats and put rear seats from 2011 Autobiography. I replaced:
1. Interior Door Panels
2. Door harness
3. Additional ECU to control rear seats(heating\cooling)
4. Harness for the rear seats - a lot of wiries
5. Programmed all units to let the car know that it has rear heated\cooled seats
6. Replaced trunk interior elements to fit seat motors and hinges that moves
7. Looking for a special cargo cover(because the old one isn't compatible )

it took about 2-3 full days of labor

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, I just converted my rear seats and put rear seats from 2011 Autobiography. I replaced:
1. Interior Door Panels
2. Door harness
3. Additional ECU to control rear seats(heating\cooling)
4. Harness for the rear seats - a lot of wiries
5. Programmed all units to let the car know that it has rear heated\cooled seats
6. Replaced trunk interior elements to fit seat motors and hinges that moves
7. Looking for a special cargo cover(because the old one isn't compatible )

it took about 2-3 full days of labor
Did you also replace the front seats, or did you use your old rear seat covers to match everything?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you also replace the front seats, or did you use your old rear seat covers to match everything?
replaced fronts seats as well and front door covers and actually all interior except headliner(still looking where to get one)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have any pictures of the rear seat hardware? And are the rear side covers different? The ones that cover the subwoofer and the one that has the rear power socket. Don't really need the cooled rear seats, although that would be nice. I do have the luxury pack so I have rear heated. Don't think I could do the rear cooled if it needs the control module, as my rr is a 2008. Don't think they offered that on those years

1 - 13 of 13 Posts