RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
DonkeyHSE said:
Can you use regular gas?

What is recommended and what do you guys use? Premium or Regular?
Premium is recommended and I use Premium (never tried Regular).

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Premium is recommended, and what you should use unless you don't have a choice. The engine will adapt to lower octane gas no problem in a pinch, but performance and fuel economy will eventually suffer. Not worth the 3/4 bucks savings.

·
Registered
121 Posts
DonkeyHSE said:
Can you use regular gas?

What is recommended and what do you guys use? Premium or Regular?
Premium of course. The cap clearly says so :wink:

Using lower octane will result in reduced performance and error lights on your dash

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I was wondering because I was messing around with a side by side comparison for fuel mileage on one of the .gov sites and it aid the RRS took regular gas. I didnt think that was right.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I use regular. I have tried premium and did not notice one single thing different.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Goinkin said:
I use regular. I have tried premium and did not notice one single thing different.
When you drive like grandma...you won't notice any difference...try stomping on it around town on the freeways and you'll notice it's much more sluggish with 87 vs. 91.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Goinkin said:
When you drive like grandma...you won't notice any difference...try stomping on it around town on the freeways and you'll notice it's much more sluggish with 87 vs. 91.
ooohhh... `)

Goinkin, if you're regularly cleaning dead bugs off the back window...

·
Registered
40 Posts
You should ignore science... octane is a bunch of bulls**t... in California, we're running on 10% corn. How the hell do you drive a car with corn in the tank?

And now diesel engines are putting cooking grease in their tanks and that s**t is still running. Smells like McDonalds fries on the highway tho.

I put 91 in my tank, only because I dont care about the extra $0.20. But the truth is my RR will probably still run fine if I piss in the tank instead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
lewisracing said:
You should ignore science... octane is a bunch of bulls**t... in California, we're running on 10% corn. How the hell do you drive a car with corn in the tank?

And now diesel engines are putting cooking grease in their tanks and that s**t is still running. Smells like McDonalds fries on the highway tho.

I put 91 in my tank, only because I dont care about the extra $0.20. But the truth is my RR will probably still run fine if I piss in the tank instead.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm shocked i haven't seen you around town. i'm in Hermosa.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
lewisracing said:

Just don't use female urine, it can ruin the injector seals.

Seriously lewis, your avatar is creeping me out a bit. Is that the maxilla and mandible of Tom Selleck?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts