RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow RR enthusiasts,
Question about my 2008 RR SC glove box. It has a button on the dash, press the "up" arrow to unlock the upper (CD) compartment, press the "down" arrow for lower compartment. I wish it had a locking glove box. The switch power is always on, so it would seem a simple fix to make it a somewhat locking box would be to re-wire the switch to only activiate power when the key is in the "on" position. Has anyone thought of modifying this?? Thanks in advance for the input!!

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
I belive when. The doors are locked that buttons will not work I personally haven't tried it but you can try sitting in the car and locking the doors see if it locks

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It locks when using the remote to lock the vehicle, but I don't know if it will with just using the CDL switch, and yes, Valet should work.

Instead of cutting power to it, I would use it's inhibit signal wire. The switch is a module, not just a switch. The Black/Slate wire is the Inhibit signal, and when grounded out will disable latch output based on switch input(a long time ago this was one of the LR Tech Challenges) This wire is actually very easy to access, as it is the same circuit that goes to the Tilt Sensor, which is not fitted to US vehicles. So if you want, you can just reach under the RF seat and set up a switch/relay to ground out this wire(pin 4 in the picture)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, I didn't even think of this!! I tried it with the key fob while in the vehicle, your right the box does lock. It does not using the interior lock switch. I was just looking for a place to lock something when you leave your vehicle, like a phone, wallet, etc. instead of the center console. I think this will be sufficient. Thanks!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It locks when using the remote to lock the vehicle, but I don't know if it will with just using the CDL switch, and yes, Valet should work.

Instead of cutting power to it, I would use it's inhibit signal wire. The switch is a module, not just a switch. The Black/Slate wire is the Inhibit signal, and when grounded out will disable latch output based on switch input(a long time ago this was one of the LR Tech Challenges) This wire is actually very easy to access, as it is the same circuit that goes to the Tilt Sensor, which is not fitted to US vehicles. So if you want, you can just reach under the RF seat and set up a switch/relay to ground out this wire(pin 4 in the picture)
Wonder if you can hel pme. I have a 2007 RR TDV8 and both upper and lower glove compartments are both locked and will not open. How can I get them open?

·
Registered
11 Posts

I've got the same problem with my 2007 in that the glove box, upper and lower, are locked and will not open. will this mod unlock mine?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
181 Posts
Is it in Valet mode? If not check the fuse first. Grounding the inhibit wire will render the buttons inop, like valet mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts