RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport and I need to know how you disconnect the phone dock that is located on the bottom portion of the center console lid? I'm replacing the lid but can't see how to disconnect the wire without cutting it.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
use this and stuff the wire back into the console.
we.jpg

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Okay folks, never go bodging with wire cutters on anything. :roll: carefully disassemble console, remove the dock panel pull the bottom out of the console follow the wiring harness to under which ever seat has the electronics panel. Unplug the main harness microphone and console harness, remove the panel and reassemble. You'll have lots moe room in your console.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
OK, a small bit of sarcasm was intended but I actually followed the exact same method Toad said. We good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're good!! And you didn't get any weird computer glitches when you cut it? The reason I ask is I'm not a mechanic and I live in Alaska so the nearest mechanic who knows anything about Land Rovers is a 4.5 ferry ride to Juneau.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Following Toad's advice by disconnecting the end of the pigtail under the console then cutting the cable and removing it all. no issues ith mine and the bluetooth still works, after I used the GAP IID tool to load the latest update for bluetooth.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport and I need to know how you disconnect the phone dock that is located on the bottom portion of the center console lid? I'm replacing the lid but can't see how to disconnect the wire without cutting it.[/QUOTE

Just do a search here at this great website and you'll find this link...already been covered - already been done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts