RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know nothing about these vehicles, much less any other kind. More of a jeep guy but my wife's 2008 Range Rover hse supercharge has three leaks. One that looks like it's coming from the transmission pan (awaiting replacement filter and kit from the Atlantic site), one in the front drivers side that's kindve pinkish red in color (top pic), and one on the passenger side front right that's blackish running down the hose. Sorry for lack of detail but I have no idea what these parts are called besides thingy and hose. It's got around 144k miles on it now

Attachments

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
319 Posts
The top pic looks like the transmission cooler which attaches to the fan cowl. I appreciate the reminder since the hose is leaking on my 2006 RR as well.

The second picture looks like a radiator hose to me but it's tough to tell from the angle. A blackish fluid, however, would most likely be oil. Perhaps it's spraying a little bit and just running down that hose?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how can I tell where the leaks coming from. run it and spray it with soapy water? in my second pic what is that smaller radiator looking thing. it sits right in front of the passenger wheel

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
First thing you need to do when trying to find a leak is clean the area. That does not mean where you see the drips. Leaks travel downward and rearward. Once you have a clean slate so to speak you can run the engine if looking for oil or coolant leaks or go for short drives if looking for diff or tranny leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts