Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
If nobody has every done the air filter or it is in terrible condition that'll cost you a decent amount of HP. I'd also suggest doing a full intake service, plugs etc. Tho if something were seriously wrong with it you'd get codes so most likely nothing horrible (hopefully). Would run some fuel system cleaner through it after you've done the intake service. Yes it has more power than 2003... also make sure the brakes are in good shape and nothing is dragging, also the condition of the tires/psi, etc can all factor into it being sluggish. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The Jaguar engine is definitely not as fun as the BMW M62. It's less problematic but does not sound as good nor have nearly the low end grunt of the M62. I'd never owned an M62 Rover but had ridden in one extensively and when i got my 2007 HSE I was also disappointed by the power output.
the jag motor makes more power and every test you'll find online has it faster 0-60 as well. The jag motor is quieter.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yes that's true but the power curve is different. The BMW motor has a more linear power curve which means a more enjoyable engine for everyday driving since it is in its powerband more often. Driving the Jag truck in Sport helps a lot as the 6 speed likes to keep the revs low.
Is the power curve that much different? I'm looking at stock dyno graphs and they look very similar. The fact remains the jag makes more power and goes to 60 quicker so in that no the BMW is not faster. Louder yes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.