RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am searching for part number YPC901330. This is the L322 2005- plug that connects to the venture cam through the glove box. It is an 8pin 2 row connector that mates with the camera side header. The camera side header is black and labelled Tyco/TE AMP.

After weeks of searching Tyco/TE can't find it anywhere in their collection. It is unique because the two rows of pins are offset. Naturally no Land Rover parts sources can locate the connector or even in the OEM spec pins (YPL801730). There are no decent photos of the connector side on the internet but attached is the info from the 2008 L322 Electronic Library.

I've been searching for the connector for about a year now, so this is a plea for advice on how to obtain the connector.

I have the correct and working wiring into the header but would like to properly finish the job with the OEM connector.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Venture cam was pretty much a flop and a failed option. Too many issues with connecting and maintaining use. I have only ever seen one on eBay over the years that was complete. The cameras come up rarely and never with docking station. Anything for wiring would never have been pulled when the rig was scrapped/parted.

Sadly you are pretty much SOL unless some obscure member has been down this same road... which is very unlikely. I will assume you have read the few VC threads out there already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely read them all and I'm glad to help anyone else.

US L322s don't have the harness. It gets the CAN feed from between the TPMS and Immobilizer, power from the fuse box, and the ground terminates under a seat.

For anyone doing a retrofit you can easily pull those from the OBD port and run a FAKRA blue cable from the nav unit to the Venture Cam dock. In the CCF Enable: Venture Cam (fitted), Companion docking station (fitted). That Blackbox dude had a good write up but it disappeared when his website got the makeover.

I'm really wondering why these part numbers don't seem to exist. Plenty of superseded, obsolete, and NLA parts show up on searches.

eBay UK has over 20 venture cam equipped L322s for sale right now, ranging from 2004-2011. So obviously these parts aren't super rare.

Also for anyone thinking of a retrofit ebay currently has cameras for 40 GBP, the dock for 80 GBP, and the bad ass suction mount for 90 GBP.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Might want to recheck pricing for entire kits. I have never seen full install kits for under a grand. $1300 seems to be a decent rate when you consider exchange rates fluctuating. As with any kit that LR has ever marketed and sold, individual items in an aftermarket kit are rarely if every available for separate purchase. A couple of examples are old brush guards for L322... you can find them on ebay and even our classifieds here on occasion... but good luck finding mounting hardware. Folks that have the deployable running boards are unable to order new slides or motors when damage has occurred. The entire kit must be ordered.

Yea... it kinda sucks.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Hey Toad,

Love the Andy Capp avatar. He was a character that lived in a town a few miles from me - Hartlepool in the northeast of England.

Haven't thought of Andy or seen any of his cartoon strips for absolute years - so thank you for jogging my memory....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts