Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2008 Range Rover HSE with the three amigos lights and inoperable ride height / traction controls. Using a scanner to diagnose this issue I found that the only codes being logged were against the Front Passenger and Rear Passenger ABSensors. Moving to the rear first, I traced the wire and found a break in the wires which I repaired resolving that end of the circuit. Doing the same with the front, I found no obvious break. Suspecting the connector was faulty I bypassed it, but found no relief.

I am hoping someone would be able to help me understand where the wire would terminate so I can trace the entire wire and figure out if I need to route an overlay to bypass the faulty wire. I have tried tracing it myself up through the wheel well into the engine compartment, but without tearing the harness apart I can't identify where it goes.

I have tried to look for RAVE manuals which might have this information, but haven't been too lucky yet. Local dealership wants to charge 8 hours just to diagnose and they run 235 an hour and would like to avoid that if possible.

Located in Southern Indiana, looking for any help or tips anyone can offer to try to understand how to better locate the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark, thank you!

Just to confirm I have it right, does this picture look like the right isolation of the four twisted pairs of wire? Yellow / YellowBlue being the one I’m most interested in?

Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,629 Posts
Yes those look like the right wires. You have checked the connector for the sensor inside the small black box mounted on the frame rail just behind the wheel well liner behind the strut. Theres two connectors in that box, one for the wheel speed sensor, and one for the brake pad wear sensor (or the suspension height sensor). Those boxes have a tendancy to fill with all kinds of road debris, sand and dirt, and sometimes the connectors get corroded.

Reactions: anvilrob

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Classic
4 Posts
I too have a 2008 RR HSE in southern Indiana. Have not encountered the problem you describe but certainly have had many of my own. Still love the RR but both the vehicle and I are getting older, with increasing problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I have learned that all my connections seem to be good up to the connector. I have continuity at each wheel and when everything is hooked up am reading the same resistance for each of the wire pairs.

I’m also seeing 7 volts when reading across the wires at the connector with everything hooked up.

With the ECU still complaining about a front right ABS sensor, should I take a look at the ABS module itself?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts