RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems as though the Fuel Tank Carrier (also called strap sometimes) has completely rotted in the middle. The side are still strong holding the fuel tank in place but the tank belly is exposed.

What a horrible design, apparently drain holes get clogged and it rots out.

Anyone have this issue, is it easy to swap out or is there another repair alternative.

Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Known issue, a couple of folks have dealt with this. Part number time and costs are in existing threads. Run the tank empty before you drop the assembly.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Been there... one of the reasons i learned to get under the truck every so often and just look around. I got the replacement from the stealership. It was fast and comparable to the internet. My parts guy gives me a nice discount.
I waited until the tank was almost empty then put the truck in off road mode, tied a strap around the exposed filler tube to hold that end and another strap at the front of the tank. Then i just replaced the strap/cradle/whatever it is. Make sure everything is put back in place. I can't remember what it was but I messed up and something ended up rubbing the driveshaft. Another reason to crawl under and snoop around. I was able to fix it before any damage. I also added a few extra holes and treated them with some serious rust inhibitor. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts