1,34 кОм red
38,9 кОм pink
38,9 кОм blue

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport SC L320
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I’ll check it out soon. Is that area underneath the supercharger cooler? If not, I think I might have checked the hose and connector, but will get a reading next time.

Thank you!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oh ya. I did get high idling code sometimes on the restart after the initial stall after a cold start.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
606 Posts
I’ll check it out soon. Is that area underneath the supercharger cooler? If not, I think I might have checked the hose and connector, but will get a reading next time.

Thank you!
Very reachable place.
This has a vacuum hose also check it too while you were there
Simple job. If you know what a screwdriver is the job is for 10min if not 20 min

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
404 Posts
Hi. i am glad you have resolved the poor start issue. That hasitation, assuming your injectors are in a good shape as well as spark plugs/coils and filter+throttle body is clean, can come from transmission. ZF-HP26 has known issue with rubber sleeves between mechatronic and transmission body. They sort of dry-up shrink and casue the loss of pressure resulting in less then pleasant operation, jilting between 1st and second gears, both ways 1>2 and 2>1 and some hesitation as well.
If you havent changed the transmission fluid, and planning on to, it makes sense to order these sleeves, probably solenoids as well if plan on keeping the car, and throw those in. From what I read and hear - you will be greatly surprized from the results. Here the video: different car but 100% identical tranny (less transfer case due to it RWD, but that makes no difference)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I did update to the separate filter/cover and flushed the fluid and changed the mecha sleeve.

The solenoids and other stuff inside will have to wait until the next interval, unless something starts going fishy with the tranny.

Thank you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Hello.

I did get the readings for this sensor, and they reflect the "bad" resistance readings per your post. Where did you get this numbers? What makes the sensor reflect these bad resistances? Do you know what lead to these different/bad readings

The resistances on the pressure switch/sensor on my car:
Red - 1.36k
Blue - 26.3k
Purple/Pink - 26.2k

They have the Original RR Part for ~US$135 and the ALLMAKES4X4 for ~US$75. Is the ALLMAKES a good substitute?

Thank you.

-John

This is the location
View attachment 287000
Driver side, back on the fuel rail.
10 minutes of work

If you need a new one this is the part number
View attachment 287001

The reading are on a bad sensor like this
View attachment 287002

On a new one

1,34 кОм red
38,9 кОм pink
38,9 кОм blue

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
606 Posts
Hello.

I did get the readings for this sensor, and they reflect the "bad" resistance readings per your post. Where did you get this numbers? What makes the sensor reflect these bad resistances? Do you know what lead to these different/bad readings

The resistances on the pressure switch/sensor on my car:
Red - 1.36k
Blue - 26.3k
Purple/Pink - 26.2k

They have the Original RR Part for ~US$135 and the ALLMAKES4X4 for ~US$75. Is the ALLMAKES a good substitute?

Thank you.

-John
Search ford dealers maybe it will be a cheaper solution. Original sensor was ford labeled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Got the new switch today.

Resistances:
Red - 1.48k
Blue - 30.9k
Purple/Pink - 30.6k

I'll give an update over the next few days. One major tip for someone who will replace theirs - is that be careful with the hardware. They are not magnetic. I was fortunate enough to be able to suck the one out that fell on top of the engine block. They are tiny.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts