RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I must be missing something but I can't seem to access my Rear Brake Light Bulbs to change them. Can someone help me out or is this a dealer type replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I just did it last night. You have to undo the two screws and PULL. Be careful not to scratch the bumper. The right one was easy, the left one was a BITCH to get off.

·
Registered
521 Posts
hew1975 said:
Thanks, I guess I didn't PULL hard enough!

Greatly appreciated!
The biggest problem was there was nowhere to GRIP it to pull it out. I had to get a piece of nylon string and loop it around the corner of the tail light and pull. It tore up my hand something fierce but it worked.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Another way to try is either using a plastic spatula that fits in the small gap at the back of the light and just push or pull the spatula depending on whats easier. Or you can get daring and wrap a flat head screw driver with electrical tape or cloth to try and do the same thing. Much easier than just trying to grip it and pull. By back of the light i mean the gap/line perpendicular to the ground at the point where the tail light is above the fender area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts