RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2007 RRS is bouncy in the rear, right side worse than left. Also seeing a "clear obstacle before changing height" error when lowering truck to access mode, and it goes to extended mode. Pretty sure I need both rear struts, here are some numbers on my heights which seem to indicate the right rear height sensor is shot as well.

Heights
access mode
FL -40mm, FR -40mm, RL -40mm, RR -52mm
Standard mode
FL -1mm, FR -3mm, RL +4mm, RR -5mm
Offroad
FL 48mm, FR 46mm, RL 45mm, RR 37mm

Height Sensor Voltages
FL 2.50v, FR 2.53v, RL 2.33v, RR 2.05v

Do these give a clue to the issue, or is there something else I need to check?

Any feedback or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 07 Supercharged was really bad. When I would go over a series of bumps in the road, the whole rear end would kick out sideways. I swapped out the rear struts complete and it's like a whole new truck to drive now. When I took apart the old struts to take a look, they had oil inside the airbags leaked out where the strut passes through. Both sides you could press the strut down about 3" and it was perfectly fine, then hit the gap in the cylinder where it rides on the vehicle, and both were completely shot...no resistance.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
326 Posts
Hi, I think if you throw new rear shocks and new sensors all around - it should be ok. I would assume front sensors get it worse then rears and if rears already failing, front ones can not be that much better/reliable.
You will probably need a height recalibration after changing sensors - I mean you can measure height at every corner to determine and also would make sense to check wheel alignment - its done at standard height if "height" changes due to new sensors, you may find some uneven tire wear (not on next day but with time) or truck not going in straight line or being too sensitive to pavement imperfections. I would go with Arnotts or order from LRDirect, likely you do not have VSC so struts should not be that expensive, thinking/measuring in pre-chineese corona virus therms .

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
520 Posts
As stated the struts leak oil internal to the airbags. This prevents the truck from going to access mode eventually as the airbag will not deflate enough and the ECU thinks the truck is stuck on something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts