RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 RRS HSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After struggling with some EAS issues last year, I installed a new compressor and 4 new airbags. The system seems to operate properly, in that I can raise the vehicle, lower it, etc., but the issue now is that upon starting the truck, the compressor will run for a quite a bit before it shuts down. The truck will go to whatever mode I have it set at right away, and stay there like it should.

Thoughts?

Thank - Samer

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
728 Posts
So what is the problem? - the compressor is supposed to run for a while on start - if you have no faults showing then I would say all is good.

·
Registered
2007 RRS HSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't timed it exactly, but it runs for a good 3 minutes continuously after the truck has reached its desired level, before it shuts down. Are you saying this is normal?

Thanks - Samer

·
Registered
728 Posts
In some circumstances - yes. It depends on the amount of air in the air tank when you start. If there was an issue you will get a fault message - if it is having trouble filling the tank and is outside specs you will get a fault code with a meaning "gallery slow to fill". Until you get a fault I wouldn't get too worried.

Garry

·
Registered
2007 RRS HSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Nanocom. I will check for codes.

·
Registered
728 Posts
For sure but if you don't have any fault lights or fault messages in the message centre then there are no issues.

·
Registered
2007 RRS HSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just did a full scan for errors, and none popped up that were related to the EAS. So I'm taking your advice and not loosing any sleep over it! I've already spent enough money on the EAS!

Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts