RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I've an issue with my brakes, in the last 12-14 months/12.500 miles I had to replace both my front brake discs on my RRS TdV6 (MY2007) 7 times, because they were warped.

I know that brakes are an issue, especially on the TdV6, but that cannot be normal. Normally brake discs should last at least about 60k miles, or not? We are not even close here.

We only used original Land Rover and Brembo parts.

Since the last change (about 600 miles ago) I paid extreme attention to braking very smoothly, did not use HDC or towed a trailer, no longer downhill braking...

Again they are warped.

My mechanic thinks there is something else brake-related broken, but he has no clue what. Calipers, fluid and pads are totally ok, we checked that multiple times already.

Moreover, the resistance of the brake pedals varies from time to time especially when it rains. Some times when I stop at a red light the brake pedal is very hard to press and at the next red light they are very easy to press.

Does anyone has any idea what to do, or has had the issue before? I really do not want to change everything randomly until it works.

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the calipers are not working properly or the pressure distribution valve (or whatever it is called) is not regulating the fluid properly between the front & rear brakes. Sorry I cannot tell you a good way to test this theory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts