RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through the many threads on this issue the past few years, and I do realize there are many. A year ago I got the dreaeded suspension fault. A local mechanic drilled out muffler and EAS has worked great. A few days ago driving to the store, suspension fault, RR lowered and got the do not exceed 30MPH. Got home, RR was lowered to bumper stops. The next day tried to raise RR and only rear went up after awhile and vehicle raising slowly message. Thought maybe EAS was getting old, so ordered the rebuild kit. I received today, rebuilt and seemed to have good output air and suction on EAS. However, still same issue. Get slow raising warning, turns off a few times to cool off, and and eventually get a suspension fault. The front is at bumber stops, rear has stayed to what it raised to. Can't check for leaks at different heights as front doesn't raise, would both front sides go bad at same time? Would the front valve block be the next logical choice? Any other steps I should take before I turn it over to my mechanic. Appreciate the support, great forum!

·
Registered
RRC95,P38/95,P38/01/30TH/L322HSE06
18 Posts
I don't think I would bring my car back to a mechanic who drilled out my muffler. You have 2 options.
1.Go to your local dealership and pay the diagnostic charge usually around $200.You never know with these cars so establish a relationship.
2. Reach out & find an independent mechanic who has worked on RR
and go there to check his garage and what cars he has there to repair. If you don't like what you see move on to another garage.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I would bring my car back to a mechanic who drilled out my muffler. You have 2 options.
1.Go to your local dealership and pay the diagnostic charge usually around $200.You never know with these cars so establish a relationship.
2. Reach out & find an independent mechanic who has worked on RR
and go there to check his garage and what cars he has there to repair. If you don't like what you see move on to another garage.
Thanks for response. May have misrepresented what the mechanic did. The drilled out something on EAS that released some particles that were clogging. I had seen this on other posts, I thought he said muffler on EAS unit? He is a good mechanic and has done other things for me that I have been very happy with. but before I give it to him, wanted to do a few things. Rebuilt EAS and seems good. Just wanted to know if the front valve block would be the next logical step before looking at the air springs, as both front ends are down and don't come up. Seemed odd they both went at the same time? Thanks again.

·
Registered
RRC95,P38/95,P38/01/30TH/L322HSE06
18 Posts
check the air storage tank for leaks with dish soapy water..take it slow..you sometimes need to think through these issues before you keep ordering expensive parts..consider the dealer issue diagnosis fee to maybe get you started on whats wrong..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts