RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a loud Hum when the car is first started on a cold morning, if i had to guess i'd say it was the suspension leveling off but its loud, almost like feedback on the radio, but continues when the radio is off.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Most likely its your suspension compressor running, recharging the air tank under the right side rocker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely its your suspension compressor running, recharging the air tank under the right side rocker.
So totally normal then?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Kind of, depends on how long it runs and how often. If I don't manually change my suspension height, I might hear mine run every 3rd day or so for 20 30 seconds in the winter when its below freeing, I almost never hear it during temperatures above 50 or so. If I change from Access height to Offroad height and back to access it will probably start and run for a while when returning to highway mode.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of, depends on how long it runs and how often. If I don't manually change my suspension height, I might hear mine run every 3rd day or so for 20 30 seconds in the winter when its below freeing, I almost never hear it during temperatures above 50 or so. If I change from Access height to Offroad height and back to access it will probably start and run for a while when returning to highway mode.
Was after showing off the Entry height to my wife, to show her her mum can get in at ease, then the next morning was cold... ran for about 20 seconds, did it a few days later when showing my daughter how to adjust the heights, and since then hasn't done it once... so thanks!

no longer worried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts