RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did a search and couldn't find any specific details on how to remove the headliner... Does anyone have a link or directions on how to remove the headliner and/or fix the leaking sunroof? I have the headliner almost completely removed, but I'm stuck as there are screws that attach the headliner to a bracket, which is directly below the sunroof. I cannot access the remaining screw as the sunroof blocks them, even when fully opened. Once i get this out, I will check the drain tubes for blockage and cracks, but I can't figure out how to get past this point. :-? Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Just for the record, this isn't my car- I'm just trying to help a friend out because her car is flooding with water. As a temp fix, I used tape and sealed the top of the sunroof until we can find a solution. Again, thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
There are countless existing threads on how to clean all four drains for the sunroof. Have you two clean all four drains yet?

Remember that sunroof panels are never water tight. Water that does get past the panel is channeled to four drains and exits to the ground. I have only seen one instance where headliner removal was necessary to solve water in the cabin from the sunroof. That was after someone ram rodded a coat hanger through the drain, punctured the drain hose and then completely dislodged the hose from the sunroof cartridge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts